  • From: culzeans1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 12:20:00 -0400

Tammy,
I am pretty new to the raw prey model diet, just right at 2 1/2 months now. But
the improvement in my Saydee is amazing. I fed like you did and I could not put
weight on her, nothing worked. In 2 1/2 months she has filled out, muscle tone
looks great, she was at 69 lbs and now is at 72lbs. My 11 yr old male is doing
great on this, no need to take him in for teeth cleaning this year like we have
most of his life, all of their teeth look fabulous. My mixed breed who had such
terrible allergies, has stopped scratching, her breath and teeth look great.? I
went to a raw list and asked a lot of people on the diet, they all recommended
2-3% of the dogs ideal adult weight, with the ratio or balance to?reach over
time:?80% meat, 10% bone & 10% organ with 50% of the organ to be liver, I
started the 1st. 2 weeks with just chicken no other meat or organ so they could
get used to it, 1/2 chicken for the big dogs, a leg quarter for my mixed breed
who should be at 45lb. I bought whole chick
 ens, cut them in half, gave them the neck and gizzard and liver from the
chicken. No enhanced meat, no veggies, no yogurt. I have added pork, beef,
fish, and eggs slowly and I am now looking for a freezer so I can add deer
meat.
All I can say is that Saydee looks great,?put on weight in really a short
amount of time?and they all love this diet. It gives them everything they need.
I don't need to add anything.
And an added benefit.....very little poop to scoop!!
Disclaimer: this is JMO not a nay or yay on how anyone else feeds. this is just
what I have noticed in MY dogs.
Pam

Msg: #2 in digest
From: "Tanya D'Armand" <floridacracker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Building Body Mass/Weight
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 07:03:30 -0400

----- > Need a bit of info if you all would help.  I have a male 2 years
old, who I had given away
to a gentleman.  He had dogs and I thought took good care of them.  Gave him
my male and tried
to guide him in the feeding and care of a GSD.  Long story short this fellow
was obsessed with the fact that the dog must be run several times a day, not
walked run as the gent used a power chair.  He did
not listen about the feeding issue either, ok long story short.  Dog
underweight 67 pounds at age 2,
has been running on his hocks which I just found out last night, never did
when he left here, has huge knots on his hocks from running on the street.
Oh and by the way we live in Florida too.

Main concern how do I put weight and mass on him to bring him back up, not a
good eater at all.
I feed kibble, vitamins, some canned, veggies, fish, cottage cheese, yogurt,
meats naturally which
all will help in time but what do you all think should be fed to hasten his
weight gain and bring him
back up????

Thanks in advance.
Tanya D'Armand