  • From: RopajaGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 22:32:10 EST

Terry, That is funny!!!!...especially the suicide option...pm

Pauline Moon  - _www.ropajagsd.com_ (http://www.ropajagsd.com/)
Ropaja German  Shepherds: Member: GSDCAmercia & GSDCAtlanta - BIS BISS Ch
Ropaja's Chateau  Beaujolais OFA HIC; BISS Ch Ropaja's Chateau Beaulieu OFA
HIC;
Ropaja's Viva  L'Endimanche OFA. Our future: Ropaja's Je Suis Gabrielle;
Ropaja's Je  Suis Fleur De Lis.

In a message dated 12/30/2008 9:46:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

showgsd-l Digest    Tue, 30 Dec 2008    Volume:  02  Issue: 3681

In This Issue:
#1:     From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Crate them
#2:    From:  Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
#3:    From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
#4:     From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
#5:    From: "Cyndi Flautt"  <caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 2009  Eukanuba show GSD  judge

Msg:  #1 in digest
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:59:41 -0800 (PST)
From: Terry  Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>

I  have to share this story with you all about 1991 and moving to what became
 Fairway German Shepherds. I moved in by myself as Kent was off on a job in
Alaska. I had 2 dogs GG and Bear. GG was a very young female and Bear my
constant companion. No one came between me and Bear. The neighbors didn't
bother
to come over an introduce themselves and I though that was fine. Then  after a
couple of weeks without incident Mr Neighbor came over an declared his
chickens Livestock and that if my dogs killed one I would have to put them
down.
The Fun begins.  Now here is a tip. If I ever move in next door to  you this is
not the way to have first contact with me. I live by the rule of  Never
getting mad. I get even because it is a lot more fun.
Each day his  Live stock Chickens would come over to eat the bugs in the
field. Everyday I  would send GG out to stir them up and everyday I would call
the
neighbor to  come remove his Livestock Chickens from my field.  Every day
that summer  I would sit on the deck drinking a beer and watch Mr. & Mrs
Neighbor
try  to chase their chickens back to their own yard. :0) After the first
month we  came to an agreement. If my dogs went over to his house and killed
chickens I  would buy the chicken. If they came over and were killed in my
field
they  committed suicide and no money was owed.  I never had to buy one chicken
the darn dogs loved them and they would roost on top of their kennels. I would
 gather eggs and set them on the other side of the fence. The eggs always
disappeared.

Terry

________________________________
From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 20:16:53  EST

In a message dated 12/30/08 3:13:33 PM  Pacific Standard Time,
arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Once  the neighbors start finding a reason, ANY reason to complain about
>  your
> dogs, it will never end and it is likely to only get worse.  Possibly worse
> than you ever imagined.

beryl is SO  right!  andy and i had one neighbor who first complained about
all  the "dog sex" going on in our yard.  never mind that we had a 6 foot
privacy
fence and the woman was only about 5'2", so heaven only knows what  she was
standing on to peer over the fence, but andy and i handled all  breedings
outselves and there weren't enough to warrant that kind of  response!  when
that
didn't work, she filed destruction of property  charges with the L.A.
district
attorney.  she claimed that "our  gopher" was digging up her yard.  the d.a.
threw
the case out.   andy and i moved.
good luck!
diane
Diane Strasser
Silstra German  Shepherds

**************
One site keeps you connected to all
your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.
(http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&amp;icid=aolcom40vanity&amp;ncid=emlcntaolco
m00000025)

------------------------------

Msg:  #3 in digest
From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 20:18:38  EST

In a message dated 12/30/08 5:00:16 PM  Pacific Standard Time,
fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> If my  dogs went over to his house and killed chickens I would buy the
>  chicken. If they came over and were killed in my field they committed
suicide  and
> no money was owed.

lol - suicidal chickens!  that  made me laugh.
thanks, diane
Diane Strasser
Silstra German  Shepherds

**************
One site keeps you connected to all
your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.
(http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&amp;icid=aolcom40vanity&amp;ncid=emlcntaolco
m00000025)

------------------------------

Msg:  #4 in digest
From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 21:15:37 -0500

"Terry Cochran"  <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
The neighbors didn't bother to come  over an introduce themselves and I
though that was fine. Then after a couple  of weeks without incident Mr
Neighbor
came over an declared his chickens  Livestock and that if my dogs killed one I
would have to put them down.

Funny story, Terry!  Reminds of when we first moved to our  current
location...

We bought a house located on 6.5 acres.   Everyone else in the neighborhood
has between 10 and 50 acres, so the houses  aren't real close together.

One night a couple weeks after we moved in,  this "wild" man shows up banging
on the door saying that our dogs almost  killed his dog and we owe him for
the vet bills.  Never met the man  before.  Turns out he lived through the
woods
behind our house.

I  told the guy it couldn't have been our dogs because they've never been off
the  property since we moved in.  (We spent almost $15,000 fencing in 3.5
acres *before* we moved in.)  Anyhow, the guy insisted it was our dogs  that
tried to kill his pooch.  I asked what breed of dogs and he said  "big black
dogs."  I told him that's not a breed, so name the  breed.  All he kept saying
was
"big black dogs."

I asked him to  come back later as I had just gotten a call that my father
had died  suddenly.  (My father really had died an hour before the guy showed
up.)  The SOB refused to leave until he saw our "big black" dogs.  I  put the
dogs on the porch and let the guy look at them through the French  doors.  I
asked him if those were the dogs who attacked his dog.  He  answered yes.  I
then asked him if he'd like to take a closer look.   As I started opening the
door, the guy bolted.

A week later, a friend  of mine, who played in the guy's band, told me that
the man found out that his  dog was attacked by two black labs that a neighbor
had decided to let run  loose.  These labs were wreaking havoc all over the
neighborhood.

Did the man apologize?  Absolutely not!  That  was our introduction to the
neighborhood.  Moving doesn't always  help.  Jerks can be found anywhere.

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA  Member
Allemande German Shepherds
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem  Meam

From: "Cyndi Flautt" <caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 20:45:12  -0600

It would also be really nice if AKC would move Eukanuba to  weeknights like
Westminster so as not to draw from other clusters around  the country.

Cyndi Flautt
President, Brandon KC of  Mississippi (one of the clubs whose shows are that
weekend)