  • From: "Barbara Lee WILLIAMS" <santanagsd1954@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 19:45:28 -0800

Puppy Vaginitis:   One   serious problem  that can occur  with  puppy
vaginitis, is a  urinary  infection , which can include the bladder , and then
can possibly  ascend into the kidneys... It is best to have it checked by your
Vet and appropriate Meds prescribed to prevent such  Urinary infections.   Word
of caution, however  although Baytril is the drug of choice in many of those
Urinary cases, it is not wise to give it to young pups as it can cause
developmental  orthopedic  problems But there are other acceptable and useful
medications that can clear it up..
Best advice...Don't fool around with it..See your vet and get it handled...
Barb Williams
  #1: From: "Linda Delarso" <jolingsd@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:jolingsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Eating Dirt- HELP
  #2: From: Iza Kabuska-Ackerman
<izakabuska@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:izakabuska@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: A Good Day
  #3: From: "sally" <dan-ann@xxxxxxxx<mailto:dan-ann@xxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Re: Health Water Question
  #4: From: Robert Neiman <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Re: warning
  #5: From: Robert Neiman <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Re: OT/Blonde Joke
  #6: From: Robert Neiman <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Re: Happy Birthday!!
  #7: From: Ann Mariano
<brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Re: puppy vaginitis
  #8: From: Robert Neiman <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Midwest Triangle Results/Photos?
  #9: From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx<mailto:Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: wolf hybrids & German Shepherds

  Msg: #1 in digest
  From: "Linda Delarso" <jolingsd@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:jolingsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 15:24:42 -0500

  Maybe someone has some ideas!
  I have an area on the back side of my pool that the dogs insist on =
  eating
  the dirt!
  It started with my old dog, he is 12. I figured he's going kooky. he =
  would
  EAT huge holes in the ground, like a foot+ deep.
  We would fill the holes, put cinder blocks on top.He would just do it =
  right
  next to that.
  well now EVERYONE  has joined in.I'll look out and someone will have =
  their
  head SO deep in the hole you can't see their head!
  This only happens in this one spot behind the pool.
  =20
  How can I stop this? WHY are they eating dirt??
  =20
  the only solution I thought might work is filling the areas again, then
  covering the area with fencing until grass is established in that spot, =
  Is
  there anything I could mix with the dirt when we fill it this time that =
  will
  deter the dogs? Crushed mothballs or something?
  Thanks in advance to any suggestion!

  Linda DeLarso

  Narvon, Pa.

  Jolin Shepherds

  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." - Roger =
  Caras

  =20

  =20

  Checked by AVG Free Edition.=20
  2/7/2008
  11:17 AM
  =20
     =20

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #2 in digest
  Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 15:26:19 -0500
  From: Iza Kabuska-Ackerman
<izakabuska@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:izakabuska@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

  I am sorry to hear of everyone's problems with tornadoes, earthquakes, mass
shootings & the like, but thought I would share with everyone that I had a very
good day !  Jim & Sheree Moses stopped by on their way to NYC to see my Oscar
puppies and the Jabba puppies that at 3 weeks of age are too fat to even stand
up.  Jane Jeter & Ileana (one of those first names that doesn't require a last
name! - like Cher, Madonna & Iza - hahahahahaha) joined us also.
  The weather is good (47 & sunny), the company was good, and the puppies were
fun . . .

  Iza Kabuska
  http://www.Karizmashepherds.com<http://www.karizmashepherds.com/>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #3 in digest
  From: "sally" <dan-ann@xxxxxxxx<mailto:dan-ann@xxxxxxxx>>
  Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 14:26:16 -0600

  Well it must be contagious in Illinois-  We had the same thing with our
  well this morning.  The well man was out and fixed it.  The brown could be
  from the dirt or clay   or it could be coming from the rust that has
  accumulated  in the well and pipes and squirted out.  I supposed that could
  irritate her tummy  if she got enough in her

  sally

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #4 in digest
  Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 13:05:21 -0800 (PST)
  From: Robert Neiman <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>>

  There was a warning on TV regarding this a few days ago.
     Bob Neiman
  Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
    I just received an email from the IRS requesting informaton so that they
could process my rebate.

  The IRS NEVER SENDS OUT EMAILS. Looks like another scam in the making.

  Terry

  ---------------------------------

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #5 in digest
  Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 13:08:18 -0800 (PST)
  From: Robert Neiman <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>>

  Hey speak for yourself.
    Bob
  Paula Cooke <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
    There are to be NO blonde, nor any other handicap, jokes on this list!!!=

  Zoe? Isn't there a law against this????? Bad enough that they laugh at=
  a hair color, but, now they laugh at blind people??? I will want my mo=
  ney back and my subscription canceled if this continues. It is an outra=
  ge!!

  Have to go bathe my Koi now. =

  Paula "Blondie" Cooke, 269 days and counting

  Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 16:24:10 -0600
  From: jmorehead

  >> Returning home from work, a blonde was shocked to find her house
  >> Ransacked and burglarized. She telephoned the police at once and
  >> Reported the crime. The police dispatcher broadcast the call on the
  >> radio,
  >> And a K-9 unit, patrolling nearby, was the first to respond.
  >>
  >> As the K-9 officer approached the house with his dog on a leash, the
  >> blonde
  >> Ran out on the porch, shuddered at the sight of the cop and his dog,
  >> then
  >> Sat down on the steps. Putting her face in her hands, she moaned, "I
  >> come
  >> Home to find all my possessions stolen. I call the police for help, a=
  nd
  >> what do
  >> They do? They send me a BLIND policeman.
  =

  Look Younger, Feel Better!
  Lose weight with 2007 diet of the year. Seen on TV.

http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2221/fc/JKFkuJkEECEnvmuJmjIkaLxqy<http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2221/fc/JKFkuJkEECEnvmuJmjIkaLxqy>=
  gqznfgSzX7m8musYJvs4w2j25Cx9E/

  For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>.

  VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org<http://www.showgsd.org/>

  ---------------------------------

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #6 in digest
  Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 13:20:11 -0800 (PST)
  From: Robert Neiman <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>>

  Same here Peggy. Betcha someone's gonna get ripped tonight.
     Bob
  "pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>"
<pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
    Happy Birthday to Peggy Mickelson!!!
  Have a great one, Peg.

  Paula, 268 days and counting =

  =

  Click here for free information on starting a business from your home.

http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2221/fc/Ioyw6i4s03L4j0iKbzd8Ty3OR<http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2221/fc/Ioyw6i4s03L4j0iKbzd8Ty3OR>=
  Rm3DevMlLwiP2bxjpDdJKgTF5KVaO/

  For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>.

  VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org<http://www.showgsd.org/>

  ---------------------------------

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #7 in digest
  Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 13:25:50 -0800 (PST)
  From: Ann Mariano <brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx>>

  It is usually caused by an inverted vulva adn dirt collectimng in the skin
folds.  The vulva will usually pop out once she has one or two heats and has a
chance to grow/develop.  I would clean her daily with a wipe in the meantime
until she starts cleaning herself more on her own.  Antibiotics for 10 days
should cler it up rather quickly.  If you spay her before her first heat, her
vulva will not develop and you may always have this as a problem. I have had it
in young pups, and once they go into heat the problem disappears.
  Ann Marie

www.geocities.com/amarigermanshepherds/Amari.html<http://www.geocities.com/amarigermanshepherds/Amari.html>

  Home of
    Ch Fairway's Leah v Nadelwald TC ROM OFA
  Ch Amari's Beware of Foxy Roxy CGC TC OFA
  Amari's Elizabeth Taylor (Ch. pointed/Major R. @ 6 months)
  Breeder/Owner of
  R/Best in Futurity Ch Amari's Ava Gardner TC OFA
  Ch Amari's Bandit of Broadcreek OFA (Multiple Group Placer)
  Amari's Blissfull Jazz CGC TDI (Major pointed)
  Amari's Cinderella von Hornberger (Ch. pointed)
  Amari's Chances Are (Ch. pointed)

  ---------------------------------

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #8 in digest
  Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 14:03:00 -0800 (PST)
  From: Robert Neiman <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>>

  Are the results and photos going to be put  on the PC website?
    Bob Neiman

  ---------------------------------

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #9 in digest
  From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx<mailto:Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx>
  Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 17:27:48 EST

  When I was 20 I rescued a nine month old GSD Wolf hybrid bitch
  from a friend whose abusive husband would kick and beat her when
  he was angry with his wife (a regular occurance).   Nikita was
  beautiful, and though she was never fond of men, she was devoted
  to me, took well to training, and got along with my male GSD
  and my parents little mixed breed dog.  When I got a kitten  several
  months later, she would play with him and I never worried about
  her harming him.   She was also very gently with small  children.
  Her most wolf like behavior was her howl.  I've always regretted
  never getting a picture of her - I still miss her.

  I agree they are not the same as dogs, and some have more of
  the wild nature than others, but some can be wonderful pets.
  A big concern for rescue is whether they are even legal in the
  area.   Around here, they are not legal and if they end up in a
  shelter for any reason they are immediately euthanized.

  Janice

  In a message dated 2/7/2008 9:28:46 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
  Scharo777@xxxxxxx<mailto:Scharo777@xxxxxxx> writes:
  About 20  years ago my daughters current boy friend decided it would be
  "cool"  to get a wolf hybrid puppy.  They brought one home that looked
  mainly like
  its  husky half.  Athena was only five weeks old  when they  got her.  My
  shepherd bitches mothered her.  She  grew up surrounded by  and treated as a
  German
  Shepherd.   Consequently she acted like a German  Shepherd.  I never detected

  any wolf characteristics , except she did howl  a lot.  And when  she had a
  litter of puppies and she decided it was time to  wean  them, she would
  regurgitate
  her food for the pups.  Why, you  might  ask, did she have pups???  Well, I
  came home one snowy  afternoon in  December.  (Yes, one of the few times it
  did
  snow  in Texas)  As I was  about to scurry into the house I heard strange
  noises
  in the front yard.   LO...  There is Athena, tied to  BIS 3X Sel Champion
  Scharo's Spellbinder  rom.  And she is  trying to drag him across 2 acres.
  Of
  course no one  is in  sight.  so there I am.  In a light jacket-In a Snow
  storm. -
  NO  boots   No gloves.  Holding on to Athena to  protect my dog's  private
  part
  that he just had to stick in  her.  HE TIED HER FOR 45 MORE  MINUTES.    Was
  anyone  else around.  O NO.  Could  anyone hear me yell.  O  NO.  Was I
  upset?  O
  YES
  Everyone claimed it was an accident,  but I believed the "boyfriend" thought
  it would be funny.Did we get  Athena spayed O YES    We kept her  and got rid
  of the  boyfriend.

  Anyway, family relations survived all that trauma.  And  Athena was an
  excellent mother. (All the puppies looked like mainly  like straight
  shepherds.)
  She did have one bad  habit   She would occasionally  escape and take my
  Prime
  Time daughter, Ch. Panache, with her and chase  deer.  I got  several calls
  when
  the neighbors saw them actually take down a  deer  one day.
  Actually, Athena became a much loved member of the family.   She was a  house
  dog, totally housebroken, and was obedience  trained.  The whole  family
  mourned when she died of kidney  failure at age 7.  HE was buried  with
  honors in the
  shepherd  graveyard.

(http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp003000000025<http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp003000000025>
  48)