  • From: "Mary Ehrhart" <mehrhar1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:14:32 -0600

Thanks for the Blog site EVERYONE
Mary Ehrhart

-----Original Message-----
From: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 2:44 PM
To: showgsd-l digest users
Subject: showgsd-l Digest V2 #3006

showgsd-l Digest        Mon, 31 Oct 2005        Volume: 02  Issue: 3006

In This Issue:
        #1:     From: Martine Sansoucy <lpgsd@xxxxxxxx>
                Subject: Thank you & The Nationals!
        #2:     From: Catherine Morton <managsd@xxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: Re: WAHOO! Foot on back swing
        #3:     From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
                Subject: Re: Group therapy...
        #4:     From: MAJTEACH@xxxxxxx
                Subject: potato eating
        #5:     From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
                Subject: Re: potato eating
        #6:     From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
                Subject: heat lamps breaking
        #7:     From: jennifer morrison <goodwitch132004@xxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: happy halloween
        #8:     From: "EDEN HALL" <GSDHALLMARK@xxxxxxx>
                Subject: (no subject)
        #9:     From: "Mary Ehrhart" <mehrhar1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: Re: showgsd-l Digest V2 #3005
        #10:    From: mlgray@xxxxxxxx
        #11:    From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
                Subject: Evan's Blog
        #12:    From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
                Subject: leg inside or outside???
        #13:    From: "Helen Franklin" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: Another Goodbye
        #14:    From: "Penny and Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: woof-woof--Happy Halloween
        #15:    From: "Chet & Skeeter benton" <bigskygsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: My movement pix

Msg: #1 in digest
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 11:45:54 -0500 (EST)
From: Martine Sansoucy <lpgsd@xxxxxxxx>

Hi Everyone,

After my introduction I got tons of welcomes and I wanted to thank everyone
who welcomed me to the list and I also wanted to say a big GOOD LUCK to
everyone who is entered in the Nationals!!! :):)

Martine Sansoucy
Agasteche Reg'd German Shepherds
www.geocities.com/lpgsd
lpgsd@xxxxxxxx

---------------------------------

---------------------------------

------------------------------

Msg: #2 in digest
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:55:28 -0800 (PST)
From: Catherine Morton <managsd@xxxxxxxxx>

Do you guys have a drawing or illustration of the "snapping up"?
Catherine

------------------------------

Msg: #3 in digest
From: "Carolyn"
Subject: WAHOO! Foot on back swing
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 12:28:17 -0800

. This is another aspect of efficient or wasted > motion as well as feet
remaining
close to the
ground. The angle of the pastern should not be much> more on the return
(under the
body )
than it is on extension. We see this so much in the AB ring.> I call them
tummy
tappers.
Some paws are literally curled up way beyond parallel to the ground> to get
out of
the
way of the rear paw. This is another indication of a shoulder inadequate for
the
> drive of the rear. Carolyn> Carolyn McKenna> 361-293-5389
***************************************
WAHOOO!! FINALLY someone else brings up what I have been harping about for a
long
time! Thank you 'other' Carolyn!
This "snap" as I call it, is becoming so common it is now acceptable and not
noticed.
It's as if the foot cannot bear the weight of the dog as it passes it's body
weight
over
the front weight bearing foot and it literally SNAPS UP instead of having
the same
precision long, low, follow through that most know the rear should have.
LONG LOW FOLLOW THROUGH IS AS IMPORTANT AS FRONT EXTENSION AND
REAR DRIVE!!
BUT.......as long as the dog is judged flying with it's full weight thrust
into the
leash we
will continue to see these problems.......or at least some of us will.

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

------------------------------

Msg: #4 in digest
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 12:52:56 -0800 (PST)
From: Terry Cochran

How about the pole vaulters? the ones that always have a front leg firmly on
the ground.
Terry
Carolyn wrote:
. This is another aspect of efficient or wasted > motion as well as feet
remaining
close to the
ground. The angle of the pastern should not be much> more on the return
(under the
body )
than it is on extension. We see this so much in the AB ring.> I call them
tummy
tappers.
Some paws are literally curled up way beyond parallel to the ground> to get
out of
the
way of the rear paw. This is another indication of a shoulder inadequate for
the
> drive of the rear. Carolyn> Carolyn McKenna> 361-293-5389
***************************************
WAHOOO!! FINALLY someone else brings up what I have been harping about for a
long
time! Thank you 'other' Carolyn!
This "snap" as I call it, is becoming so common it is now acceptable and not
noticed.
It's as if the foot cannot bear the weight of the dog as it passes it's body
weight
over
the front weight bearing foot and it literally SNAPS UP instead of having
the same
precision long, low, follow through that most know the rear should have.
LONG LOW FOLLOW THROUGH IS AS IMPORTANT AS FRONT EXTENSION AND
REAR DRIVE!!
BUT.......as long as the dog is judged flying with it's full weight thrust
into the
leash we
will continue to see these problems.......or at least some of us will.

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

Catherine Morton LVT, AHT
Mana Shepherds and hobby farm

Secretary, German Shepherd Dog Club of Upstate SC
www.upstategsd.com

"Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog"
- Sidney Jeanne Seward

---------------------------------

------------------------------

Msg: #3 in digest
From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:05:45 EST

Remembering, this is where I repeat year after year, that 7 years ago I
learned all about Quatricide, Dr. Bonner's Castile Soap, That great stuff
that is
used in horse's stall to freshen and absorb (early senility here on the
name),
the difference between pine and cedar shavings, shredded paper vs layered
paper (and where you can get the plain newsprint), my great deals on fake
lambswool fabric for the pups,different ways that people have visitors for
the newborn
puppies, the dangers of heat lamps and prevention of them bursting,
different
type of whelping boxes. oh, yeah, the different color craft loops for the
pups, (Syd, I think, crocheted loops for them), ways to revive the newborns.
oh
boy.
And more.   Then found out my gorgeous anticipated First litter was gorgeous

ShepWEILERS.

We will miss Mo this year, but she's at the National,TOO!   Getting the Hero

award for Jerry Lee.
We even snuck in some great recipes, (which is why I thought of Mo.   Wow,
those tasty recipes)

Stormy Hope
*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*
www.FairhopeGSD.com

------------------------------

Msg: #4 in digest
From: MAJTEACH@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:10:53 EST

I have puppies, that need to get OUT of here (lol), and they steal potatoes

and eat them raw.  So far no problems so I figure they are not  harmful?

Colette

------------------------------

Msg: #5 in digest
From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:36:16 EST

In a message dated 10/31/2005 1:11:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
MAJTEACH@xxxxxxx writes:
I have  puppies, that need to get OUT of here (lol), and they steal potatoes

and eat them raw.  So far no problems so I figure they are not   harmful?

Colette

If there are any parts of the potatoes turning green, that's not good  for
them.....

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_

------------------------------

Msg: #6 in digest
From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:38:52 EST

Enough people asked....
It isn't so much that you can prevent them "bursting" , but a fine mesh
screen fixed all around the lamp, and fashioned so that it acts as a barrier
from
any hot bulb fragments from falling in the box, is what we were told, and
Jim
did it.   The hot bulb breaking and falling in shredded paper or shavings is

the danger.   Also making sure the whole lamp is fixed securely, of course.

Stormy Hope
*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*
www.FairhopeGSD.com

------------------------------

Msg: #7 in digest
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 11:41:53 -0800 (PST)
From: jennifer morrison <goodwitch132004@xxxxxxxxx>

black cat, pointed hat
eye of newt, wing of bat.
bless our national that is comming soon,
guide us by all hallow's moon.
watch for those who travel far,
be it on a plain or in their car.
guide the dogs go round and round and round,
may their body's be correct and their temperments be sound.
see the kids out in the street,
be they angles, ghosts or beasts,
keep them safe for trick or treat!

happy halloween~~~*
jenn
fullmoon
fla

------------------------------

Msg: #8 in digest
From: "EDEN HALL" <GSDHALLMARK@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:50:41 -0800

I need a room at the National. If you know of anyone who is not  using a
room please let me know.
Jim Hall
Hallmark German Shepherds
'The Best of Both Worlds'
Top American And German Lines
www.gsdhallmark.homestead.com/index.html<http://www.gsdhallmark.homesteadcom
/index.html>

------------------------------

Msg: #9 in digest
From: "Mary Ehrhart" <mehrhar1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:12:25 -0600

How do we get logged into Evan's blog like last year?  Thanks
Mary Ehrhart

------------------------------

Msg: #10 in digest
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:16:18 -0800 (PST)
From: mlgray@xxxxxxxx

http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/[1]

That link should get you in.

I am not sure what to do about GSD people without adult supervision though.

Mike Gray

=

>POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the
>original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or
>FORWARDS of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the
>original author AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

>FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL
>BE PROSECUTED.

>VISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://www.showgsd.org
=

--- Links ---
   1 http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/

------------------------------

Msg: #11 in digest
From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:21:38 EST

There are two ways to link into the Blog.   Through the List Website
 http://www.Showgsd.org,     the link is there

or

http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/[1]

Stormy Hope
*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*
www.FairhopeGSD.com

------------------------------

Msg: #12 in digest
From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:24:22 EST

While looking at the Sept. Review, I noticed that some of the dogs' front
legs (in the "back" position) were inside the rear forward leg and some on
the
outside.   I have never paid any attention to that before.   Is there good
or
bad or indifferent attached to either position?   TIA

Stormy Hope
*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*
www.FairhopeGSD.com

------------------------------

Msg: #13 in digest
From: "Helen Franklin" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:31:33 -0800

The tears keep welling up as I think of my old friend, Shell Simonsen.  What
a special, nice, kind, man he was.  We were club members together way back
in the 70's and often gave each other secret smiles when a fellow board
member said something stupid (in our opinion.)  We tended to be rebels
together and enjoyed our private jokes about the nonsense going on around
us.  Shell was a devoted German Shepherd lover and breeder for over 35
years, that I know about.  Sleep well my friend....the world is a little
less bright now.
Helen Franklin

------------------------------

Msg: #14 in digest
From: "Penny and Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:41:52 -0500

I dressed up as a monk today, but since I teach high school English I was
not able to keep my vow of silence.  (LOL)
I'm home now waiting for my better half (NOT), since it is also our
anniversary.
It's 70 degrees in beautiful NY and the dogs love it!
Happy Halloween!
love,
Penny and Bill and the gang at Landsend

------------------------------

Msg: #15 in digest
From: "Chet & Skeeter benton" <bigskygsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:40:35 -0800

This is Kris T's Ms Spark'l V BigSky at 5 mos of age. She was our first
conformation dog bred by Chris Carter. Her shoulder was very correct and her
going away was impeccable. Besides her great temperament and long loving
life she was a joyful companion. Thanks to Chris and Lori Nikeson for
allowing Spark'l to shine in our lives.

--- Chet & Skeeter benton
--- bigskygsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

End of showgsd-l Digest V2 #3006