  • From: culzeans1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 15:30:49 -0400

Absolutely an excellent idea. I have friends with German dogs and they say they
are amazed at the difference it has made.
Most definately an idea whose time is here!
Pam

Msg: #7 in digest
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 11:40:23 -0700
From: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Do we ask enough of our Grand Victors?

Yes you are right. The SV started this , I think 2 or 3 years ago.  They
test all the VAs (maybe the Vs?) and 20 random dogs..
if you are caught dyeing, you are SUSPENDED FOR LIFE.   It changed the look
of the breed virtually overnight.
It is easily done.  Again, those who refuse or complain are free to not
enter.  If we start at our National level, then the Specialties / ABs
would trickle down....afterall who would chance that a dog didn't lose the
dye in time for the National?
It is an idea who's time has come...and then some.
Kathy Tank
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
Home of :
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle
WEBSITE PUP-DATED SEPT 22, 2008