  • From: ropajagsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:24:16 -0400

Syd,
When I first got involved with GSDs (over 25 yrs ago) I was always told to be
sure and NOT?have the x-rays that would be submitted to OFA taken
immediately?before, during?or immediately?after a bitch came in season...due to
the temperory hormonal changes that would be going on during that time period
that would affect the ligaments and joints etc...so if that is factual and from
a common sense standpoint, it would seem to have merit...perhaps that might be
what is behind the inclusion of hip dysplasia in this statement from
ACTP....Whether it is fact or not, I always kept it in mind whenever I had the
x-rays taken..It would be interesting to check with them and find out if there
is actual data to back that up...Pauline
Pauline Moon www.ropajagsd.com
Ropaja German Shepherds

From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 15:50:31 EDT
Subject: Re: The American College of Theriogenologists Position o

If this is true, the hip dysplasia thing might have some hormonal elements.
So interesting!

Syd