[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: showgsd-l Digest V1 #419 ......... Frank Tate

  • From: EllenH33@xxxxxxx
  • To: Danannkennel@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:06:25 EST

In a message dated 12/17/2004 3:58:20 PM Eastern Standard Time, Danannkennel
writes:
In a message dated 12/17/2004 2:26:56 PM Central Standard Time,
EllenH33@xxxxxxx writes:
Marci, you are soooooo right.  Your statement saved me having to explain it.
The schutzhund protection phase is a test to see if the dog is capable of
protection and most dogs consider it a 'game' because they're not stupid.
They
easily distinguish the difference between this game and the real thing.  It
doesn't make for a crazy, out-of-control biter.  Quite the contrary.  Much
obedience training and control goes along with the training.
++++++++++++++++++++++
 I am sure you are both correct unfortunately in this area there are a lot of
know it all trainers who don't know how to train it correctly and so we end
up with a lot of dogs who BITE and it is not a game.
Sally
Sally,
You'll always have these macho people.  They're made of the same stuff as
those who like dog and cock fighting.  We were fortunate enough in our group
that
most of those who helped us with our dogs were not of this mindset.  We
avoided those who were.

***From w.NY***
http://www.geocities.com/jeenellyn33