  • From: culzeans1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:26:25 -0500

Well I will qualify for this, but as my friend Gina pointed out, will this
encourage our judges to look at the handler and not the dog? Will I be looked
on as less of a competitor because I am just amateur?? Will my dog be looked on
as less a competitor?than the professionals dog? I might as well take my
chances in the bred by class. We may get a better chance at the winners class,
but is that where it will end? I am just not sure. I train my dog as does the
professional, I take the classes, groom my dog and try to present my dog as
professionally as the professional does. I pay my money to exhibit my dog and
want my dog to be taken as seriously as the next dog. I thought this was a
great idea until Gina pointed these things out to me. Now I am not sure.
Pam

Msg: #2 in digest
From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Amateur Owner class
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 01:14:02 -0500

This is how the new A/O class-rule reads...how many of you qualify  for this
class?

Peggy

CHAPTER 3
Section 6. The Amateur-Owner-Handler class shall be  for dogs that are at
least six months of age that are not champions. Dogs must  be handled in the
class by the registered owner of the dog. This class is  restricted to
exhibitors
who have not, at any point in time, been a  professional dog handler, AKC
approved conformation judge, or employed as an  assistant to a professional
handler. Additionally, members of the immediate  family or household of a
current
professional handler are ineligible for this  class (as defined in Chapter
11,
Section 13).

Professional handlers are defined as any person that belongs or  has
belonged
to a professional handlers' organization, distributed rate cards,  or
otherwise advertised or represented themselves as handling dogs for  pay.

    #1: From: "joan huber" <jo_elsgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: New Website
    #2: From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    #3: From: CODAGSD@xxxxxx
        Subject: Late Brag
    #4: From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Why do we put an angel on top of the Christmas tree?

Msg: #1 in digest
From: "joan huber" <jo_elsgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 01:11:03 -0500

Hi,everyone i have a new website please browse and let me no what you
think...Oh
put your sound on and enjoy. Best Joan
ELLIOT&JOAN HUBER
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEB SITE
http://mysite.verizon.net/jo_elsgsd/index.html

------------------------------

Msg: #2 in digest

From: CODAGSD@xxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 01:14:52 EST

Cindy Bartley took Ricky to Houston last week and came back with his
Temperament Certificate. Congrats, Cindy - not that there was ever any doubt.
AM SEL EX CH/CAN SEL CH CODA'S MIRACLE IN THE MAKING OFA, TC ("Ricky")
Sire: AOE "Alvinnnnnn"
Dam: Am/Can Ch Chablis Mad About U Nitewynd OFA, TC, CGC
Breeders: Jon and Sharon Polifrone
Owners: Ardlin & Cindy Bartley, Sharon Polifrone

Sharon
CODA GERMAN SHEPHERDS

------------------------------

Msg: #4 in digest
From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 01:21:09 -0500

> A Christmas story for people having a bad day.
>
> When four of Santa's elves got sick, and the trainee elves did not
> produce the toys as fast as the regular ones, Santa was beginning to
> feel the pressure of being behind schedule.
>
> Then Mrs. Claus told Santa that her Mom was coming to visit. This
> stressed Santa even more. When he went to harness the reindeer, he
> found that three of them were about to give birth and two had jumped
> the fence and were out, heaven knows where. More stress.
>
> Then when he began to load the sleigh one of the boards cracked, and
> the toy bag fell to the ground and scattered the toys. So, frustrated,
> Santa went into the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum.
> When he went to the cupboard, he discovered that the elves had hidden
> the liquor, and there was nothing to drink.
>
> In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider pot, and it
> broke into hundreds of little pieces all over the kitchen floor. He
> went to get the broom and found that mice had eaten the straw end of
> the broom. Just then the doorbell rang, and irritable Santa trudged to
> the door. He opened the door, and there was a little angel with a
> great big Christmas tree.
>
> The angel said, very cheerfully, "Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't it a
> lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me
> to stick it?"
>
> And so began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas
> tree.

End of showgsd-l Digest V1 #134

http://webmail.aol.com