[ SHOWGSD-L ] <showgsd> BIG JR HANDLING BRAG

  • From: WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 14:10:22 EDT

I am VERY VERY excited to announce that my 12 yr old son Anthony who is now
an Intermediate Novice Jr Handler(12-15)  entered at the So NH GSDC today and
went up against a boy that has won the last 3 times who is a Senior Open Jr....
and my Anthony WON!!!!!!    This is so special because it was his first time
ever winning after competing against another jr in the older class or in any
class!  It really really boosted my sons self esteem.  he has worked so hard
trying to learn how to handle dogs and loves it.  Both boys worked real hard
trying to keep control of their dogs and do as instructed.   My son had   one
disadvantage, his MOTHER was told the wrong rules and i made it harder for him <
laffin>
Anthony handled our female Yani and was thinking so deep inside to make sure
he was doing the right thing, letting the lead out slow, the way that Al
Martin taught the kids last week... and then he tried to remember to "step
back" so
the dog would pull ahead...    then watching to see if Yani would gallop...
all this is alot for a 12 yr old boy to understand.  The judge said Anthony did
very well and he just needs to learn to present himself more "confident" and
walk into the ring like its  his!!!   This will take time, Anthony is very shy
but deep inside becoming more competitive and really wanting to win!

The joy of watching his big smile, was PRICELESS and worth the trip, drive
and money it took to get us there!!!!!  Watch out New England... Nick and
Anthony are going to be kicking butt!!!    A few more years Anthony said he
wants to
handle dogs for our friends.... i told him as long as it doesnt interfer with
school or his education... we will see how it goes.

Thanks for listening!!!  I am on such a HIGH RIGHT NOW!!!! so very proud of
Anthony and Yani!!
Dawnmarie