[ SHOWGSD-L ] sad news..Vale! Bill Gish

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 20:32:16 -0500

I knew Bill was very ill, but my phone has been working in a haphazard fashion
so was unable to reach Johanna in the past week or so.  Luckily, the phone
seems to be OK now...and Johanna Gish got through to me today to talk about
Bill.
Bill hasn't been well for some time and had recently been in and out of
hospital.  After a couple of bad falls at home not long ago, his condition
deteriorated rapidly.  He was in hospital until just a few days before his
passing, but there was nothing he wanted more than to go home, so his wife of
over 50 years, Johanna, took him home.  He passed with Johanna, their three
daughters, and other family members around him.  The family had just celebrated
Bill's 85th birthday on November 4.

    The Gishes have been my very close friends for more than 30 years.  .Bill
will be missed by many of us, not just for his encyclopedic knowledge of and
love for the German Shepherd, but for his never failing friendship.   For those
who are concerned, Johanna is at home, doing fairly well...healthy but
emotionally not so great, as I'm sure you can all imagine.  I'm sure cards
would be appreciated.  I am also saving any posts that appear on the list to
give to Johanna at some date in the future.

Bill's ashes will be interred at Arlington Cemetery, and there will be a
memorial service, date and place to be announced.

Peggy