[ SHOWGSD-L ] rotation definitions and other suggestions

  • From: "Sondra Abarr" <sonderhaus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 00:27:48 -0600

Point of Information: The Labrador Retriever Club divides the country into
time zone regions:
Pacific, Mountain, Central, Eastern.  Nationals are rotated by regions; and
there are liaison
"Points of Contact" for each region (kind of a parent club representative
for each region).
I have never heard a word of contention about the national locations; course
I am not one of
the important people so I could possibly just miss it. Their recent
Nationals have been in St.
Louis, Vermont, Illinois, and California this year (2007-2010).  Their
Nationals are held nearly
identical weeks as the GSD Nationals and the one held in at Purina was
FREEZING in mid-October;
quite unpleasant.
I personally thank each and every Board member for their time, sacrifice,
and hard work on behalf
of the club and its membership.  I would definitely approve of a Board half
the current size,
and integrating some non-Board members onto some of the committees which
could also be
drastically cut in number.  In deference to that last comment, maybe there
should be a Board member
that specifically represents the membership.  There should also definitely
be an attorney available
to advise the Board at each meeting. You are just opening your hands to
lawsuits if there is not an
attorney at the meetings. Should there be some type of term limitation or
performance reviews set on
Board/Committee positions?

In my own humble opinion, for the next year or two, maybe the Board could
find the $51,000 by
eliminating some of their own budgets/expenses, (just like our new incoming
federal officials' first
action was to cut their own office budgets) via teleconferencing, holding
face to face meetings at the
least costly locations, and "thinking outside the box" for other cost saving
possibilities (maybe a
one time donation from members of $100 or whatever they could afford?) that
could prevent breaking
contracts, changing plans already made and, and other unpopular cuts for the
memberships.  There must
be other ways to cut without cutting into the integrity of the GSDCA in the
national and world
communities.  Our Breed deserves the unity of this Club, its BOD, and its
members (lose the egos and
negativity) for the betterment of this magnificent breed.

Sondra & Greg Abarr - Sonderhaus German Shepherds & Labrador Retrievers
sonderhaus@xxxxxxxxx - 281-431-2492 (h)  281-732-7218 (c)
Home of CH Cantar's Hard to Get JJ Encore
BISS and BP in a Specialty Show Mar-Azart Chiquita Banana v Sonderhaus
Champion Pointed  Sunfarm Black Mask Cantar, and
Major Pointed Justes B Shabani Shamwari Sonderhaus JH