[ SHOWGSD-L ] responsible pet owners lobby days-TX

  • From: Diane Brantley <texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 18:34:28 -0800 (PST)

TX-RPOA E-News
From RPOA Texas Outreach and
Responsible Pet Owners Alliance
"Animal welfare, not animal 'rights'
and, yes, there is a difference."
Permission granted to crosspost.

March 2, 2009

"RESPONSIBLE PET OWNERS LOBBY DAY" in Austin April 8, 2009
Mark your calendars!

LET'S TAKE BACK TEXAS ANIMAL ISSUES!
Or you can kiss your animals goodby!
Texas Humane Legislation Network and HSUS don't speak for us!

The "Animal Rights" Activists seek to legislate pet ownership out of existence
in Texas.

Sign up today with an RSVP to our office:  jacque15@xxxxxxx
Everyone must register with Jacque.

Meet us at 10:00 a.m. Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Room 210 in the Sam Houston Building,
adjacent to the Capitol Building.
1100 Congress Ave in Austin.
No Animals Allowed!

Room reserved from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
This room can hold upwards of 100 people and we're allowed to bring in food and
work
right through the lunch hour as needed.

We'll have RPOA buttons to identify all participants so be sure to check in.

If you're late, no matter as we'll have someone there at all times.

Don't know what to say, we'll tell you!

Don't count on someone else to do this for you!  We need a huge turnout to
counter the HSUS Lobby Day the week before.

Carpool or rent a van and load up your friends for a Fun Day in Austin!

Registration will give us a headcount of participants, their e-mail addresses
and the area where they reside.

Everyone must contact their own legislators
(representative and senator) for their appointment for April 8th.

If unable to attend April 8th, meet with your legislators whenever it is
convenient, but let our office know so your name will be included in our final
report.

Your representative and senator's contact information can be found by using a
search box on the Texas State Legislature Home Page:
www.capitol.state.tx.us
Just type in your address and print them out.

We'll provide flyers to be left with your legislators as it is expected the
appointment times will be very brief.  We'll release updates on our TX-RPOA
E-News list so urge everyone to subscribe by e-mailing rpoa@xxxxxxxxx and say
"subscribe."

Texas Humane Legislation Network, a coalition of all "animal rights" activists
in Texas, has stated on their website that they are the political arm and voice
for every animal and animal welfare agency in Texas.  No more! THLN does not
represent us!  Nor does HSUS!

Feel free to forward and ask others to join us!

RPOA Texas Outreach (501 C4)
Responsible Pet Owners Alliance (501 C3)
900 NE Loop 410  #311-D
San Antonio, TX  78209
Website:  www.responsiblepetowners.org
$15 Annual dues (January

BISS Ch. Echo-Cham's River Phoenix OFA H&E AKA "River"
Da-Jo's Crestview Ironman AKA "Tony"
Echo-Cham's Satin Doll AKA "Dolly"
Tejas' Not Ready To Make Nice (deceased)
DB's Kurzon Dax of Starfleet,CGC,CD, HT sheep,PT cattle, TT (deceased)
Modi, CD (deceased)