[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: replies needed to what this vet said! please

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: sanderhaus@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 12:05:41 -0400 (EDT)

Oh hell, you can use my name:)  Suggest she removes her jewelry and  drives
an old beater car to her NEW VET!

How crazy is that????

In all seriousness, puppies are supposed to have a slight overbite because
their bottom jaw grows more slowly than their top jaw.  A puppy with a
"tight" bite will be level at maturity, which is undesirable.

Kathy Salvucci, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

In a message dated 7/18/2012 11:28:23 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
sanderhaus@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

would  anyone mind replying to me so i can copy and paste the replies to a
puppy  person. no names no emails and your permission for the copy and paste
of just  your comment.
buyer took a puppy at 2 days short of 8 wks. had  her to the vet at 8 wks.
no issues reported. her bite was normal at 6 wks when  my vet checked hearts
and i checked their bites over that weekend before they  were 8 wks.

now she is over 9 wks and this ass of a vet told this guy  she has a
slight, very slight overbite, ok so no big deal BUT told him if he  goes to a
canine dentist and has her bottom teeth pulled it will  correct!!

i said what?? i said put a 9 wk old puppy under anesthesia  and pull her
teeth? how would she chew and what in the hell would that do? the  lower jaw
grows at a diff rate and at any time before she is 12 months of age  she can
and probably will have an overbite.

i am happy he asked first  but i told him the mere fact the vet said that
means to me he needs a new vet.

i am also clarifying with this family that they understood correctly  so
the replies would be addressing what he said below as that is all i was  told.
she just left here 10 days ago so it has to be extremely  slight.

this is what he said:
+++++++++++++++
Just wanted to  give you an update on Maggie.  She had her 2nd series of
shots today and  during the exam the vet noticed she had a slight overbite.
She stated  that she could go to a canine dentist and have the lower teeth
extracted and  that would correct the overbite.  It is very slight and I don't
see a  need.  I absolutely defer to you and your knowledge.  I did want to
let you know about  it.

ugh.

thank you for your  reply.

susan

Sander-Haus German Shepherd  Dogs
www.Sander-Haus.com
Members of GSDCA, WDA, SV of  Germany
Selectively breeding, not mass  producing!

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.