[ SHOWGSD-L ] recent post received by millions.....

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 09:32:02 -0500

        I swear, sometimes I just could smack some people!

          Basic computer skills are more than what is needed to handle
email.....please people, learn to hit reply and not reply
all.........and DO NOT SEND POSTS TO YOUR ENTIRE ADDRESS BOOK.
   Yesterday I received an email...the cc list was HUGE, and included
the Danbury Mint, some magazines, plus nearly everyone on this list.
The email was signed by Gene Workman, who apparently hit the "Reply All"
button on his computer while replying to something received from Helen
Franklin.
    Without blaming anyone, I do wish to state that when people send
emails, they should not send to their entire address books...and when
replying, please don't hit the "reply all" button.
          Most of us who got that email are now receiving spam mail
that's unbelievable.   The really ridiculous thing is that the
discussion about Helen's judging ended weeks
ago...................         and now, due to the email from Mr.
Workman, has started all over again.
          If you MUST be weeks behind in replying to your email, please
send your responses to the original author, and not to everyone
else.....this little fiasco included a virus, too..........so the
initial PITA has been magnified..............

Peggy