[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: received this regarding ordinance and Louisville cluster

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LauraEG@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 14:13:50 -0500

    If you are showing there, and your dog gets loose and is picked up,
it is subject to the law.  Of course, we know show dogs never get loose,
right?
If you are in the covered area and are in a car accident and your dog
gets loose, it is subject to the law.  That never happens, either, we know.
I think just to be on the safe side, I wouldn't go to one of those
shows.  The club is reportedly already looking to move the 2008 event...
         on the other hand, perhaps if every resident tried immediate
compliance, and sent letters and made phone calls asking to be inspected
and all that, the AC people would be overwhelmed and have to give
up............I wouldn't want to take that chance, either.
    Best to just avoid it altogether!

       One of the things people seem to be missing is that if this
ordinance is allowed to stand (and hopefully it will be struck down in
court), it sets a precedent for other places to write the same
restrictive, assinine laws.  And please note...the number of animals
allowed is retroactive...if your property has been deemed one that
allows you to have 3 pets, and you have 4 now, one will have to go.
Peggy.