[ SHOWGSD-L ] reading between the lines

  • From: <blackoakdogs@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 3:47:48 +0000

After reading the AKC minutes with great interest, I find that I am still not
sure what was said in english concerning the section about judging and
conflicts of interest. In plain english- will they allow AKC judges to judge at
"other venues" or not? Or haven't decided yet? It's too bad that they feel so
threatened by other registries that they feel they need to do this. Yep, I show
with the other big registry too and am proud of it. (professional handlers are
not allowed)! I am a member of a club with the other registry and since close
to half of the approved judges for our registry are also AKC judges, with all
this mess going on, they are not taking assignments with us or are preparing to
dump AKC. It has created quite a division and a distraction among the ranks,
not to mention creating havoc when trying to book judges for our shows! I just
can't quite decipher all this legal jargon. Can anybody help?

Margaret and
AKC CH/UKC GRCH Besota-Hamilton Madison Ave
BIS UKC GRCH Black Oak's Aurora Borealis
UKC GRCH Black Oak's Trooping the Colors
UKC CH Corsair's Genuine Draft
UKC CH Corsair's Cast a Spell
UKC CH Legate Hill's Valkyrie
UKC CH Vulcan's Saracen Rose