[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: re Regional Club Parade

  • From: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx
  • To: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 17:08:25 EST

The Regional Club Parade at the National is  very important in the sense that
it allows members of clubs to have an active part in their breed's National
Specialty as a group. It encourages newer club members not yet involved in
showing or trialing to
attend the National to participate in the Parade and introduces them to the
premier dog show for the greatest breed in the world. THIS is important. Not
many new people enjoy sitting for hours day in and day out watching a dog show
but if they have a reason to be there that they feel is important, i.e.
supporting THEIR club in the Regional Parade, then it's easy to introduce them
around
to all of the different venues while they are there and let them get a taste
of the show world while actually feeling they are part of extravaganza.
I dislike delays as much as anyone but you know, there is more to this than
just running dogs around a ring. Both years that our club has participated in
the Parades, we've had newer people to the breed attend our National for that
specific reason only - and enjoy it and some are now attending Nationals on
their own and as to putting it at the end of the day, I think part of the glory
of the Parade is all of the spectator applause and the full arena and the
'hoopla'. Let's not dumb it down.
lynda

Check out our websites for constantly updated info and pictures
www.falkrigiashepherds.com
www.thecraftywoodchuck.com