[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: re BESTEST

  • From: "Beryl" <arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 18:21:48 -0700

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 3:47 PM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: re BESTEST

  1) Best place that a GSD National was ever held. That is hard, becasue the
locations that imediatley come to mind are the ones where you had some
success

 2) Best intersex judge that ever judged at a GSD National. Dave Rinke

 3) Best overall Grand Victor of all time.  AOE CH. Marhaven's Color Guard,
ROM

 4) Best overall Grand Victrix of all time. I don't know that I can pick
only one !  I loved many of them. A few come to mind,Tuff Cookie, Kricket,
Blithe Spirit, Cross My Heart, Rosemary (the latter two, where from my area,
and I knew them and saw them campaigned prior to their GV)

7) Best GSD handler of all time. LaMar Kuhns, hands down !  I often heard
people say that LaMar with his grooming skills could turn a pigs ear into a
silk purse. And NO, that is not a reflection on the quality or lack of
quality of any GSD he was grooming. He was THE master !

 8) Best GSD ambassador (someone who has gone above and beyond the
 service to our breed).   Connie Beckhardt absolutley.
 She always took the time with Newbies, or anyone else. She gave our 9-12
puppy Arelee's Spellbound RWB at the    National in 1981 or 82.  It is not
because of that win, that I feel that way. I felt that way from early on.
She knew and appreciated good dogs, she shared her knowledge unconditionally
and willingly, and once she met you, she always ackowledged you, at least
she did with us.

 10) Best hotels to stay at when traveling to dog shows.   No particular
chain preference, as long as they are clean, good area for exercising dogs
etc. Best Western or Days  Inn have always been good choices in the past.

 12) Best advice you ever received from a breeder, judge or handler -
I can't think of anything, other than with several our first show prospects,
I was often told they needed to loose a few pounds :-0

  13) Best part about belonging to the GSDCA.
 (the people...(sounds funny
  right now, but it's true) I agree and will add that when campaining and
doing a lot of traveling, there were few if any      locations or show sites
that we didn't meet someone we knew and enjoyed their company during that
show weekend or week. You meet and often make life long friends duirng those
trips to other areas or states.

 14) Best reason to own a GSD.
Because they are THE BEST, loyal, affectionate, intelligent, their whole
focus is on  their master or mistress. I haven't been without one for the
past 42 years, and I hope to have one at my side for the rest of my life.

 15) Best reason not to own a GSD.
There is no reason, other than as one ages and possibly needs to move, then
a smaller dog may be more suitable, but none will equal the GSD...ever !

  20) Best thing you want to be remembered for pertaining to the GSD  breed.
  Trying to do it right, and producing over all soundness, mentally and
physically.

  21) Best lesson you've learned from dealing with people in the GSD breed.
I think the majority have the same temperament as the GSD, intelligent,
loyal, etc. once in a while like in all walks fo life, there will be some
people who aren't as "sound" as their dogs.