[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: please help....

  • From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <CHBLACKVELVET@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Germanshepherds4Show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 15:08:01 -0400

Michelle,
I have said prayers for your friend.  I will offer Mass on Sunday for her.
Our employee was taken to the hospital, released and then had a stroke. She
is the number one booking agent for Pet Air Carrier she was 911 to the
hospital, now in ICU and paralyzed on the entire right side of the body!!.
She is only in her late 30d's; just goes to show, we NEVER know when the Dr.
will  discover a fatal illness,  there is a terrible car accident or other.
Every minuet we can get up and move around it a blessing, life is fragile &
sometimes very short. Reminds me we should strive to be productive, happy,
follow the rules, and be kind to each other.  A person in one of our clubs
here  was told by another member that her pups, all of 7 or 8 weeks,  didn't
have or wouldn't have any shoulder cause the sire's pedigree didn't have
shoulder.  Hurt her feelings to say the least.  There is a kinder, gentler
way, & I believe,  we can loose members and potential members by the way we
handle each other.  If asked, we can give an evaluation but it's all in the
way it's done.  Interestingly  enough, the sire defeated Geneva two times,
once from classes going Breed and again recently going breed from the
Specials Class.  He goes back to Dallas and Lothario and old bloodlines from
Scottie Sherlock on the dam side.

I am disappointed I could not get to the SE Futurity but with two employees
out and our busy season I could not leave.  I think the Regional Clubs have
done a great job and I am looking forward to the fact the Regions will
realize more revenue next year not having to split litter nomination money
with Rau.   There is more of that on the way, provided the Board approves
changes.  Good luck to all, have fun, be safe, and please practice good
sportsmanship even if YOU think a lesser dog/bitch defeated YOUR dog.  .

Nancy Harper
National Futurity Chair
GSDCA Board