[ SHOWGSD-L ] personality before birth --

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:15:59 -0600

Folks, with my long and varied experiences with all kinds, believe me --
Every little bit contributes to the final type of character that is noted.
I've had singleton pups and litters of up to 14 with similar bloodlines and/or
entirely different ones that I see similarities and big time differences just
within the siblings depending a lot --- yes --- a LOT on the eventual life each
may attain.

Just think about it in general genetics even with humans.  IDENTICAL TIWNS
ARE    --- NOT  --- identical in their behavior patterns or personal interstes
as
a general every day matter. Always, the determination and/or the atmosphere
play a large part in the eventual outcome at maturity.  I am not a BIG FAN of
Cesar for a lot of reasons in looking at what he does.

Something I always attempted to do through the years with my many animals
and the work I've also done with humans too ---   one on one separate attention
often for each and every one to gain the confidence and/or personal desires for
a successful life.   This is vital and I'm sure you folks agree.  On "turning
around"
a bad apple or rotten egg, so to speak, a lot MUST be considered if this is to
be
a successful endeavor at all.
#1AGE -- some are so far gone it's often a bit too tough to change things.
               I hate to think of it, but I have seen it but not too often as
folks
               do try   --- sometimes --- once the animal or person is out of
the
               bad situation.
#2GENETIC MAKEUP -- If you have a couch potato kind of (person/animal)
                                     work on that rather than trying to change
them to
                                     be otherwise in a competitive get out
there deal.
#3   T I M E   ---  Ah, the crux of any matter to begin with anyway!!!
I have seen so often that it is the combination of stuff rather than just one
something alone that will form the final individual.   As I've posted before,
I have only seen a few dogs that I could not turn around and I've been a bit
surprised at the fact one of them was an Aussie; a breed normally a peaceful
kid.
O, I'll geaux, just wanted to give a bit of experience & knowledge for you as
we're
on the subject of --- like Barbara G. started (daily lifestyle) how many    etc.
Have a good one.           Norma no L