[ SHOWGSD-L ] out of control akc rep

  • From: janbraeloch@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 18:48:29 -0500

?In fact during that show one of the exhibitors
got
nasty back? at her and they threw him out and banned him from ever coming back
to that? show again.? He was lucky, I suppose, that he wasn't suspended by
the AKC? from ever showing again anywhere in the US.? Mind you this all
happened
 while his bitch was in first place and trying to stay there.?

This was my friend and my bitch that is referred to above. He had the akc rep
grab onto his arm as well as?to yell in his face. ?
The audacity of anyone to grab onto another person and treat?him ?in this
fashion is unbelievable.

When it gets to the point that an akc rep becomes physically abusive to an
exhibitor, and this was physical abuse, then that representative is well out of
control.

I find it quite worrisome when anyone with a little authority loses their
temper and becomes abusive. Yes, she certainly should be brought up on charges.
Even if the charges do not result in her?suspension?, ?it would surely alert?
the akc to the fact that this woman should not be allowed to continue her
representation of the akc, for that is what she is doing.?

I would not think that this would be the face that the akc would like to
present to the?world.?

We can certainly tell the akc and the show chairs that this woman should not be
allowed to represent the akc at any shows to which we are connected.
I am ?now obligated to follow through on?my ?objections. If enough of us
contact akc they will certainly notice and, although they may not respond
immediately,?this woman ?will have damaged herself through her disservice to
our exhibitors, handlers, dogs and the general public as well.

I will assuredly ?follow through with a letter of complaint to the akc. It may
not result in an obvious reaction from that group, but the fallout from many
letters will cause a reaction that should serve us. ?If she were to be a
representative at a show?where ?we were to exhibit, it might be??the time to
conspicously pull our dogs,?explain that?we will not accept this?woman as
a?fair representative of the akc,?and leave the show as a protest.

Jan Stevenson
Marietta, New York

http://o.aolcdn.com/cdn.webmail.aol.com/mailtour/aol/en-us/text.htm?ncid=aolcmp00050000000003