[ SHOWGSD-L ] oops! HB 2927 -- Virginia Anti-Breeding Bill -- SICK BUT STILL ALIVE

  • From: RihadinK9@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, sheltieoldlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, SheltieBreeders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, CCAmembersCLOSED@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:01:55 EST

PLEASE CROSSPOST/FORWARD FREELY
"Reports of the death of this bill  have been greatly exaggerated."

Per a conversation with Del.  Kilgore's office at about 11 AM
Eastern time, this bill HAS NOT been  withdrawn.

At this time they are "attempting amendments but  don't think that's
going to work."   Accordingly they expect it  will be withdrawn. But
"it's smok'n but it's not down  yet."

"Over a thousand emails and 300 phone calls; we've  pretty much
got the picture."

Obviously the Delegate  would like to snatch victory from the jaws of
defeat; who can blame him for  that?   Since nothing is firm, I think
we need to continue working  on Del. Kilgore and start on the
House Ag Committee where HB 2927 has been  referred.

Thanks to all the folks in Virginia and across the  country who have
gotten us this far!   However ...

THIS  BILL IS STILL ALIVE.  DO NOT STOP WORK.   The AKC's
Legislative Alert has the Ag committee addresses.

Walt  Hutchens
Timbreblue Whippets
Virgina

Ginger  Cleary, Dallas, GA_ http://www.rihadin.com _
interest in politics doesn't mean
politics won't  take an interest in you. -Pericles (430 B.C.)