[ SHOWGSD-L ] oooops, sorta OT<>ONE VETS VIEW OF PUREBRED VS CROSS BRED

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: DaList list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 12:38:27 -0700

I'm sorry, I should have remembered this afterword post from a few
months ago:-(.  The other post is fine JUST as long as you separate
Dr. Miller's paragraphs from the rest and giver her proper
ascription.  Thanks :-(
Stormy

 From Dr. Libbye Miller...

*****************************

Interesting how things go viral on the Internet isn't it.

The only part of that post I wrote was the first paragraph. It was
part of my comments on the LA TIMES website.

For the record, my actual comments, in their entirety were:

"No one ever seems to mention the millions of dollars that AKC and the
Canine Health foundation have invested in medical research that
benefits ALL dogs as well as humans. "Adorable mixed breeds" get
cancer, epilepsy, allergies, heart disease, and orthopedic problems
just like purebreds. I see it every day in my veterinary practice but
mixed breed dogs aren't tracked like the purebreds so they have a
reputation as "healthier" that is actually undeserved in many cases. I
am so tired of PETA and their bogus war on the dedicated breeders who
strive to breed healthy dogs, place puppies in appropriate homes, and
feel responsible for their puppies for life. I wish someone would do a
expose on PETA but the media seems really afraid of them."

Now, someone on a message board quoted the one paragraph (which was
fine as it was properly attributed) and added her own comments. And
now the entire thing is being passed around the internet...and now I
notice that my name is at the end as if I wrote the whole thing.

If you want to forward something off an email list, it's imperative
that you personally get permission from the author to forward. And
this is why.

Libbye