[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: no coat factor Stud dog list

  • From: JANGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 07:15:34 EST

When I was starting out breeding, I bred a coated bitch that we acquired
from the late Pat Turrise to Ch. Rivaden's Billy Boy.  Billy carried the  coat
factor.  When our puppies were 6 weeks old, I told Pat there was not  coats in
the litter.  She thought that I didn't know what I was talking  about, she said
that was impossible as Billy thru a lot of coats when bred to  a  bitch that
carried the coat factor.  I will never forget her face  when we carried the
puppies over to her back yard and she saw that there were no  coats in this
litter.  So this is not a fail proof method.

Janet
_www.JanMarGsd.com_ (http://www.JanMarGsd.com)