[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: need help - please read

  • From: "Mary-Anne Boulet" <mary-anne.boulet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 18:41:52 -0500

My 5 year old is newly diagnosed with spondylosis (1 year) but I used the
Cartrophen Vet at first with no alleviation of the problem.  We then tried
Rimadyl which again did little.  I now have her on the Deramaxx.  I started
her on it this summer when she pulled a groin muscle at 1 pill x 1 perday
for 7 days, then decreased it to 1/2 pill for 7 days and then 1/4 pill
maintenance.   The vet says that I should be giving her the 1/4 pill
everyday but I'm finding she's quite happy if I give it to her about twice a
week.  Her fusions have started in the neck area and she has 6 that are
totally fused now.  I've restricted her jumping and am treating with
walks -off leash in the bush . This seems to be at least maintaining her
without pain.  Damp weather exacerbates her pain and I will then up the
dosage to 1/4 per day until she seems back to normal.  Hope that's what you
were looking for.
Mary-Anne