[ SHOWGSD-L ] mycoplasma testing

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <willowlakegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <Doctrcorgi@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 08:47:42 -0800

Why would you just randomly treat a dog with ANY antibiotic without having a
reason?    This is why our "people" society is becoming immune to antibiotics.
Five days of any antibiotic is just enough to begin building resistance to the
drug
itself.   Why not just run a culture on the bitch including the test for
mycoplasma
rather than random dosage of antibiotics when you don't even know what or why
you are treating her.
Baytril is not effective against strep infections.........if it is a raging
infection
five
days won't do anything with ANY antibiotic.....
The vaginal tract has all kinds of bacterial growths that are normal......we are
only concerned about the abnormal growths.......

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

From: "Sherry Nolan" <willowlakegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Doctrcorgi@xxxxxxx>; <JoKareGS@xxxxxxx>