[ SHOWGSD-L ] my friend John

  • From: pruett@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:53:48 +0000

I last spoke to John about a week ago.  He wasn't taking calls from most, but
when Margot told him it was me, he said, "Oh, I'll talk to her."  We chatted
briefly about how he was feeling and what his doctors were planning to do to
treat his recurrence of cancer.  He was willing to fight and was starting chemo
and radiation once again.  He'd been cancer free 3 months ago according to his
CAT scan and tumor markers, but cancer is a sneaky disease, and it caught up
with John today.

I got a message a little while ago - my friend John DeHope passed away around 2
this afternoon.  I'm so glad that, the last time I spoke to him, the very last
thing I told him was " I love you."

I'll miss him...

It's a sad day for me, but I'm quite sure there's a heck of a party at the
rainbow bridge right about now.  I hope John gives Reno a pat for me.

Please DO NOT call Margot - I don't think that she is up to fielding calls right
now.

Laurie Pruet