[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: more pitbull attacks

  • From: Karen C. <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 01:52:12 -0400

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 23:06:10 -0500,
jeanniemccann@xxxxxxxxx (Jean Mccann) wrote:=20

>These are not all gang-dogs or from dog-fighting
>rings...mostly,they are family pets. True,they are
>"family pets" that seem to be allowed to run the
>neighborhood,but still why all the attacking?
>Why,because it is bred into their very nature.=20

Did you ever wonder where all these "family pets"
came from?? How about from irresponsible
"breeders"? How about the fact that many (most?)
of these dogs are not even purebred? How about
the fact that there IS no such recognized breed
as a "pit bull" in the first place? That's just a
common, familiar ("pet") name for any one of
several different breeds.

Come on people... Think! Some of you guys REALLY
need to watch (or read) Cesar Millan. LOL!  ;)

As Peggy noted, the bull and terrier breeds are
simply not for everyone. Unfortunately, there are
far too many people out there in la la land who have
these dogs who have no business owning a hamster,
let alone any large, powerful, intelligent dog of
whatever breed. You see them everywhere. They
often have no control over their dogs at all. But
DAMN! Don't they look so KEWL and mean with
their bad ass dogs... especially when the dogs in
question are on huge, thick chains.  <gag me>

I swear... Sometimes I think it's too bad we can't
license people or make them take a test in order
to own dogs... or become parents for that matter. :/
* * * * *
Karen C.
kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Where are we going?