[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: more of interest

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 11:48:08 -0400

    I'm not surprised.  The same thing happened here in Virginia last
fall when they were trying to pass another stupid law......I guess there
are a lot of people in this world who don't realize that (a) most states
publish these statistics and they are available to anyone, if not on the
web, then by asking: or (b) other people can read.
    I've discovered that an awful lot of people can't read...or at
least, can't comprehend.  So, if one were to write that "it's raining
here in Virginia," they will come back and argue with you about it,
altho they live in New Mexico or something...seems people only read
PARTS of things...those parts will either be what they want to hear or
the things they want to fight about.
       Peggy