[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: microchip question

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 18:25:47 EST

Why do you need a scanner?

I buy my chips from Revival, but they are for 'me"...I don't chip puppies
that I sell, although I recommend the new owners so...and they do.  And
they register them in their names.

Now before everyone jumps on me, one of our club members co-owned a dog,
the dog got loose from where it lived, got hit by a car and although they
found  the club member w/ the chip, the local authorities where the dog was
picked up  wouldn't release the dog to the co-owner. The authorities left at
6PM, the  owners where the dog  lived were still at work, the poor dog
suffered w/o  emergency medical treatment overnight and was PTS the next day.

So...I never saw the point in registering puppies' chips to me after  that,
although I do suggest the new owners list me as an emergency  contact.  Not
that I'm confident it will do any good.....

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

In a message dated 1/20/2011 6:02:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Where  can I purchase the micro chips and a scanner for a reasonable price.
I'm  working on a litter for Fall (just short of being Natl age
grrrrrrrrr)and  would like to sell them with them being chipped so it doesn't
get
forgotten  about.

Bob Neiman / Walled Lake, Mich.
Owner Barkalot's Felonious  Assault AKA Brat and the other half of B'N'B
Breeder/owner of UKC GR  Ch.B'N'B-Barkalot's Cherish RN
Co-owner of  UKC ChSandyCreek-B'N'B-WC's Christmas Star AKA Echo
Co-owner of  Ketlyn's Black Widow
Proud member of the GSDC of Am. since 1996
Stand up  for what you believe in,
even if you are standing  alone.