[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: mentors - long

  • From: MOblanquet@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 14:37:12 EST

In a message dated 11/30/2004 8:29:58 PM Central Standard Time,
f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Who was your most significant mentor  and what was the most valuable
information he/she gave you-Kris
Kris,  this is a good one.....

I have had several mentors who have guided me well.  Sandy Anderson  is the
first person who gave me a chance in dogs I don't think anyone  else would have
given me.  I was only 17 years old when I contacted her; I  flew to Woodside
Kennels three days later and the rest is history.  I think  the most
significant insight she offered was to always follow my gut on  what I though a
good
decision was, in dogs and life.  I spent a few summers  at the kennel and
gained
an insight on the GSD I wouldn't have receive  without her attention.

Carolyn Martello, however, is someone I have grown incredible close to  the
past few years.  I consider her a close friend and my mother in  dogs as she
has guided me with her insight on the GSD since I've known  her.  Their has not
been a time she hasn't been by my side  to praise a win, console a loss, or
help me with a problem I was  facing. She has never provided me with the answer
to any  question but has pushed me in the right direction. I admire the
Marhaven breeding program, what her dogs have done for the breed, and how
humble
she is after each win.

I have also always admired the Fasanos and although I know don't  know Frank
or Kris as well as like, I have always admired what  their achievements in
dogs.  They are so kind, easy to approach, and  have a charisma I think should
be
respected by all.

Bryan O-Blanquet
HOME OF: