[ SHOWGSD-L ] maybe it’s just the holiday season...

  • From: <ricknaudra@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 8:48:40 -0800

Maybe I=E2=80=99m getting sappy the older I get or maybe it=E2=80=99s just =
the holiday season (I don=E2=80=99t know) but I wanted to thank a few peopl=
e that I feel are IMHO, ambassadors of the breed.

Bill Basu,
You have on more than one occasion commented on the quality of dog that I h=
ave in the ring from outside and even inside of the ring. You always seem t=
o always make it a point to recognize the good and say something nice.=20
Thank you.

Tim Hill,
I don=E2=80=99t believe that Tim=E2=80=99s on =E2=80=98Da list=E2=80=99 but=
 I got to spend some time talking with Tim for the first time. What a good =
hearted guy! We were all sitting around talking during the lunch break on S=
aturday and someone brought up =E2=80=9CPhantom=E2=80=9D. I mentioned to Ti=
m that I idolized him and Phantom back in the late 70=E2=80=99s. Tim and Ph=
antom were a team, you could see it. They were great to watch. I was an imp=
ressionable young kid back then (14-16 years old) and I got to see those 2 =
work together here at the shows in Arizona and in California quite a bit. A=
s I look back, I realize that was a once in a life time event. Anyway, he=
=E2=80=99s a wealth of knowledge. From ways to get my youngest daughter inv=
olved in handling to helping a friend with some puppies whose mother is not=
 producing enough milk, Tim had great comments and suggestions.=20

Carol Weale,
During Nancy Godek=E2=80=99s downtime I want to publicly thank you for entr=
usting me with you boy Sel. Ch. Danka's Dream Catcher v Stoyland  =E2=80=9C=
Chase=E2=80=9D.  We took the West cost by storm with multiple BOB=E2=80=99s=
 and a Group 1 to boot! It just goes to show that a good dog is a good dog =
no matter who=E2=80=99s on the end of a lead <g>.

Gail Sprock,
Back when I was that impressionable young kid you were there. I learned a l=
ot from you directly and in-directly. It was you that made me want to handl=
e German Shepherds. Not just any breed, GSD=E2=80=99s!

Mom & Dad,
Thank you for letting me grow up with a pack of German Shepherds!

I hope that everyone has a Merry Christmas and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!=20
-Rick Haase
http://members.cox.net/ricknaudra/Shows.htm
www.gsdcsaz.org