[ SHOWGSD-L ] maybe a dumb question?

  • From: "Lonna Fisher" <lonnagsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showdogs" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 12:03:11 -0600

Hi all,
             I have been reading all the posts about white GSD   BUT I have a
question I have not seen (or I missed) ............... if the white GSD becomes
a separate breed than what does that do to AKC and CKC registrations
............. I always thought that in order to register any dog or for that
matter a new breed you need many generations of pure breeding ....... well
wether we want to admit it or not there are whites out there with colored
ancestry and the same goes for the colored GSD there are ones out there with
white ancestry ........ would all these dogs now be considered mix breed and
would their registrations be cancelled?
As far as I am concerned whites should be allowed as a normal color unless
showing albino traits, blues have been shown already so I think that is a
useless argument and the standard already says strong rich colors are preferred
...... longcoats as well should be allowed after all the coats are already
being shown but are usually trimmed.

The German Shepherd breed is a very noble dog that has proven to be able to
carry out any task us humans ask of it ( I sold one that hunted birds better
than his golden ) .. but to deny this noble breed because of color is wrong
.... there are so many more important matters we need to work on instead
............ health, movement, reproduction issues just to name a few.

Just my opinion.

Take care and I look forward to seeing a lot of you at the Canadian National in
September ........... I will be easy to spot I will be the older gimp pushing a
wheelchair who is still determined to raise and show a few more GSD

Lonna

Lonna Fisher
Sunflower Reg'd GSD
Edmonton, AB