[ SHOWGSD-L ] makes me wonder

  • From: "judy" <judsohngsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 21:53:11 -0700

I stewarded today at our local all-breed show......there was a single entry
for Bull Terriers....the man handling the dog was attending his first dog
show and did not have a clue
what he was doing....It was a class dog ..so it wnt First...winners dog and
best of breed.  after he showed the judge asked me if he had time to spend
about 5 minutes talking to the owner.
He explained he had a very nice dog(which he did)  and how to show the dog
in the ring and what speed to show the dog.....he then suggested that the
owner pull up one of the many chairs
and watch what goes on in the ring during the next 2 breeds.......they were
about 12 dogs each.   I saw him pull up the chair  watch two dogs , fluff up
his BOB Rosette...look at the ring
really quickly get up and walk away........the judge turned to me and said
why did I bother....maybe because the dog was so nice.....if I had known the
owner was that dumb  I would have
just given him his ribbon and let him make an ass of himself until he
the dogs owner was very lucky that he had a "good judge"  that cared for the
breed and the art of showing
What is wrong with people
Judy