[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: letter from Hunte OUTRAGED!!!

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 04:58:29 EST

In a message dated 2/15/2007 12:41:31 A.M. Central Standard Time,
pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
This was sent to all parent clubs, I'm told, and apparently was  being passed
out in New York.  Hunte is so bloody proud of  himself...and the German
Shepherd Dog Club of America should be  ashamed..........as should the AKC, and
all
the Directors of that  formerly esteemed organization.
Since it was being  handed out freely, and he obviously is proud of it and
doesn't care  where it goes, you can do as you like with  it
Peggy

This  letter is one of the most manipulative bill of goods I  have had read
in a long time and it has rocked the faith I had in  those within our board
that voted yes.   I have tried to reason  or understand how they could have
done
this and was trying to give the  benefit of doubt.   If this is what you had
to go on to allow  this man entry to our club, then as others have said, SHAME
ON YOU!

If our AKC rep, Mr Battaglia's seminar On Breeding Better Dogs gives  the
millers that this man purchases his "product" from the know how on how  to mass
produce a healthier product for resale, guaranteed like some dam  refrigerator
from defects, then SHAME ON OUR AKC REP!

For those of you who did not write your objections to the board to  object to
this pariah from sitting next to you at the national, how  do you like him
now?  Reading this crap sickens me. Its absolute  transparency to sell a high
tec bill of goods and line the pockets of this  man who just because his dog
sleeps by his bed makes this right??!!!!

I have to go back to a post of Evans a few days back......for those  that did
not read this do it and pay close attention
quote":"""
We can refuse membership to any person for any reason that is not  protected
by the United States Constitution, or the laws of the  State of New York. We
may  not refuse membership because of  disability, national origin, race,
religion or  other protected  right.

If we want, we can refuse all red-heads, or people with blue  eyes, so long
as we have done so in the past. We cannot be  capricious in our actions, but
other than those limitations, we  have the right to refuse membership to
someone
who presents a  danger to our ideals, our club, or our members.

I hope that is  clear enough. This is based on 30 years of practicing law,
reading our by-laws from the beginning to the end, reading every page  of
Robert's Rules of Order, and litigating wrongful discharge  suites in the
courts  of
the state of  California....................unquote

So in considering this content, WHY is Hunte a member of this  club?   Did
the yes voters have information like this prior to  the meeting?   Did you
research your position on your vote  well?   Did you think of the repercussions
of
this vote and the  recriminations to this club?   Are you proud of what you
are  reading on the internet or are you turning a blind  eye?        If ONE of
you feels you may  have done the wrong thing and voted wrong then for gods
sake, call a  reconsider on your vote now.

There is the other consideration on whether procedures have been  followed.
I pointed out to our president that the closed  session should have occurred
as a result of the motion of the BOD....there  was none.   I reminded him
there was a motion to go to closed  session on the review issue, with 2 on the
board objecting. There was no  open session count on yea's and nay's...this is
against Roberts Rules of  order.   I have been led to understand that there was
no motion  on acceptance or otherwise and Mr Hunte, just a secret ballot vote
taken.  If there is anything can be done to negate this process, do  it now.
  Admit an error and correct it but get this guy  out of our midst.  Also, is
not the content of his letter part of the  closed session??? If so, was he
instructed he could not release that  information??  Looks like a breach here
too.
Whatever we have to go on, use it and use it now.

The bylaws of this club by definition are so loose there is room to  move
around in them......under membership " shall be 18 yrs, shall be in  good
standing with the AKC, and shall subscribe to the objects of the  club".
Does Mr
Hunte in fact want to promote the objects  of this club-- to encourage,
promote,  and improve the breeding of  quality purebred German Shepherd Dogs?
God
help us if he  starts.

In reading Christine's post about Ms. Moses  putting in a letter  and
equating McDonalds hamburgers to Mr Huntes puppies - that there is a  supply
and
demand, what on earth is she thinking?  Puppies  and hamburgers???????  What
the
hell is wrong with this  picture!!  Boy people can go to great lengths to
condone their  actions but this one is stretching it to the max.  This is a
sell
out, plain and simple.

Peggy was right....how anyone could go to sleep after reading that  letter
.........................I feel outrage, I feel totally let down by  the
administration of this club, I feel saddened that we have come to  allowing
this type
of political maneuvering to cast a shade on good  judgement.   I feel that we
have allowed the worse thing that  could happen to this club to happen.

Hunte says in his letter "Frankly, some of the comments that have  been made
in opposition to my
membership are not only based in  ignorance, they are bigoted, elitist and
rooted in economic self  interest cloaked as concern for animal welfare. "

Our opposition is ignorant?  We are rooted in economic self  interest???  Is
he kidding here?  Again, how did anyone actually  buy this garbage.............

Well Mr Hunte, just know I don't embrace you, I don't condone you or  your
clinical and scientific guaranteed product or professional  marketing.

And again as has been said......FOLLOW THE MONEY TRAIL!

Molly

Trillia  German Shepherds since 1974
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont,  Life member CKC
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog  biscuits in your pocket
and then give him only two of  them>>>>Phil  Pastoret