[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: length of the national EASY!!!!!

  • From: "Steve Grainger" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Terry Cochran" <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>, marhaven@xxxxxxx, Pdragon4@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 15:31:55 -0600

Terry do the math..only the potential for.32 extra dogs since 98(which
started on Wed)..that is if everyone shows up..conditional class was also
part of the National in 98..so we started on Wed..in 98...we have added the
potential for 32 extra dogs..and have added a whole day..couple that with
the fact that entries as a whole are smaller...you tell me why the
conformation portion can't be shortened? Christine

over lapping classes. That will make getting a handler interesting.

> The site rental starts as soon as we need to be set up. It takes more
than a day to get the show grounds ready to go. I doubt there would be much
money saved.

> Carolyn tells us how you would schedule classes to shorten the national
by 2 days.
> Terry
> Carolyn <marhaven@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:>
> > I do agree..totally!!!...would like to see the days trimmed down..2 less
> > days for dogs to be crated, plus for those of us trying to pare costs..2
> > less days of eating out, hotel expenses and off work..but this is a
whole
> > new(old) topic for discussion..which has been hashed and re-hashed..and
> > thus far has fallen on deaf ears. Christine>
> **************************************>
> > i don't think that trimming the length of the national has fallen on
deaf
> > ears. i think it is just mathmatically or cosmicly (?) impossible to
keep
> > adding events to the national & shorten it. next year rally is being
added.>
> > lea Pdragon4@xxxxxxx
> *********************************
> Hi Lea;
> They can add Rally, Relays or anything they want.....but they DEFINITELY
need
> to shorten the conformation part of the National. ONCE again.........with
the
> Futurity Finals being done on Tuesday night it forces many conformation
people
> to come in on Monday. The Conformation dogs are sitting there from Monday
> through the following Sunday..........
> LITERALLY.........this is the SINGLE EASIEST PROBLEM to solve with the
National!!
> LESS EXPENSE of the extra day of renting the facilities, life of the sod,
Committee