[ SHOWGSD-L ] lab specialty

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:43:49 -0400

    I'm sure I'll burn in hell for screwing this up, but the Potomac Lab
club's fall specialty is called the Bare Bones specialty, not the No
Frills!  eeek................!
    The spring show has been going on for 30 years...and it is ALWAYS
the largest Labrador show anywhere.  Counting dogs, now, not
entries...more Labrador Retrievers here than anywhere else, and that
includes the UK.
    Yes, the majority can be owner handled...but hasn't the situation in
Shepherds always been handler dominated?  As long as I can remember that
has been the case...owner handlers were always remarkable, in my
memory.  Still..entries go down.  Perhaps it is not that there is a lack
of able handlers, but rather, a case of new faces not winning
enough...to which I can only say it's supposed to be a dog show, not a
handler show.
Peggy