[ SHOWGSD-L ] kids in crates

  • From: "DIR" <Dir@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <silvermoongsds@xxxxxxxxx>, <TISHW@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 19:27:40 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Luanne Crinklaw" <silvermoongsds@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <TISHW@xxxxxxx>; <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 6:10 PM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Problems at the Edwardswille IL KC

>I know it has been decades since I attended a show with a baby stroller
>  (and
> wished I had the kid in a dog crate!) but since when aren't baby
> strollers
> allowed?
>
> Tish,
>  We did put Bradley in a dog crate at shows when he was a baby, Safest
> place for him and ofcourse he slept like he was in his crib. Got allot of
> strange looks at first but they soon realized the practicality of it they
> thought it was a great idea. Of course someone was always at the setup
> with him and he wasn't using a crate that a dog was in. We also weren't
> allowed to have a stroller there and that was 12 years ago, so we modified
> a crate dolly to accomadate the carrier. Nothing was ever said about that
> by the reps or the show chair.
>

>        Luanne Crinklaw
>  Silvermoon German Shepherds
>  Mesa, AZ
>  Home of Chenoa's Kindred Spirit,aka Kolby 12 pts 1 major,(retired),
> Charan's I'm Here for the Party,aka Paris and Chenoa's Great Adventure,aka
> Rhini C.G.C.,Herding Instinct Tested ( waiting at the bridge )
>  Proud Member of GSDCA
>  Signer Breeder's Code of Ethics
>  Proud member of Last Hope Safe Haven
>   http://lasthopesafe haven.com
>

> ---------------------------------
> Search.

> BE PROSECUTED.

> VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org
>A true story.  Many many years ago when Terry Hower and his then wife
>(forgot her name) were traveling to dog shows and Terry was also working at
>an outside job, they spent many hours on the road at all hours of the day
>and night so Terry could get to work on Monday morning.  Are you all
>getting the picture?
Terry's kids were very young and they put them on a pad in a large dog
crates in the van.  It was cool--kids slept and were protected by a crate in
case of an accident.  Well Terry was trying to get home and get some sleep
before he had to go to work and got stopped by John Law for speeding.  The
officer was very curious about why there were all these dogs in the
van--Terry explained about dog shows etc..  Then the officer saw the 2 boys
in crates--Oh BOY!
Took Terry a very long time to explained why they were there etc.. The
officer was already concerned about the dogs and when he saw the kids he was
really concerned.  As we all know Terry, he explained it all to the officer
and in the end the officer felt the kids were better off where they were
instead of riding free in the vehicle.  Only Terry!
Sandi