[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: it has been a VERY long time since i have been this mad..

  • From: midnitegsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: stormygsd@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 19:34:08 -0500

In early Dec I "sold" and adult dog to a lady who lived alone, wanted a
ompanion, would take the dog to work with her (she had a job like that),
lanned to do more obedience, hiking etc etc.. sounded like the awesome
ife.. It was just before Christmas so I only took a $200 deposit.. the
emainder to be paid after Christmas. I did not hear form her again, so
ssumed all was well.. i was busy, so did not follow up at that time
kicking myself for that, for sure!!)

We have all run across that type of person. We've learned over the years.. now,
when we place an adult we video the dog and new owner when they leave to
document the temperament of the dog, we take the dog to the vet for a check up
and get a health certificate, and we have the new owner sign a release that
they are responsible for the dog once it leaves our property. Depending on the
situation we might charge an adoption fee as I don't like to give away
dogs..and we always offer to take the dog back if things don't work out.  I
think our efforts up front have saved us a lot of unnecessary craziness. Sorry
you came across the wacho lady, glad you got your dog back safe and sound.

Brenda Banister Crago
www.midnightsunshepherds.com