[ SHOWGSD-L ] in case there's any doubt in your minds:

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 16:58:08 -0500

these are quotes from ARistas.......if there was ever a doubt in your
mind that they want to do away with all animal ownership (lets be
guardians) and all breeding of animals, read these.  There are more:
http://www.naiaonline.org/body/articles/archives/animalrightsquote.htm
shared by Peggy

"Let us allow the dog to disappear from our brick and concrete
jungles--from our firesides, from the leather nooses and chains by which
we enslave it." John Bryant, Fettered Kingdoms: An Examination of A
Changing Ethic Washington, DC: People for the Ethical Treatment of
Animals, (PeTA), 1982, p. 15.

"The cat, like the dog, must disappear... We should cut the domestic cat
free from our dominance by neutering, neutering, and more neutering,
until our pathetic version of the cat ceases to exist." John Bryant,
Fettered Kingdoms: An Examination of A Changing Ethic (Washington, DC:
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PeTA), 1982, p. 15.

"You don't have to own squirrels and starlings to get enjoyment from
them ... One day, we would like an end to pet shops and the breeding of
animals. [Dogs] would pursue their natural lives in the wild ... they
would have full lives, not wasting at home for someone to come home in
the evening and pet them and then sit there and watch TV," Ingrid
Newkirk, national director, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
(PeTA), Chicago Daily Herald, March 1, 1990.

"We have no ethical obligation to preserve the different breeds of
livestock produced through selective breeding. . One generation and out.
We have no problem with the extinction of domestic animals. They are
creations of human selective breeding." Wayne Pacelle, Senior VP of
Humane Society of the US, formerly of Friends of Animals and Fund for
Animals, Animal People, May, 1993

When asked if he envisioned a future without pets, "If I had my personal
view, perhaps that might take hold. In fact, I don't want to see another
dog or cat born." Wayne Pacelle quoted in Bloodties: Nature, Culture and
the Hunt by Ted Kerasote, 1993, p. 266.

"Breeders must be eliminated! As long as there is a surplus of companion
animals in the concentration camps referred to as "shelters", and they
are killing them because they are homeless, one should not be allowed to
produce more for their own amusement and profit. If you know of a
breeder in the Los Angeles area, whether commercial or private, legal or
illegal, let us know and we will post their name, location, phone number
so people can write them letters telling them 'Don't Breed or Buy, While
Others DIE.'" "Breeders! Let's get rid of them too!" Campaign on Animal
Defense League's website, September 2, 2003.

"Six million people died in concentration camps, but six billion broiler
chickens will die this year in slaughterhouses." Ingrid Newkirk,
founder, president and former national director, People for the Ethical
Treatment of Animals, as quoted in Chip Brown, "She's A Portrait of
Zealotry in Plastic Shoes," Washington Post, November 13, 1983, p. B10.

"The life of an ant and that of my child should be granted equal
consideration." Michael W. Fox, Scientific Director and former Vice
President, The Humane Society of the United States, The Inhumane
Society, New York, 1990