[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: immodium

  • From: Carol Hunsaker <stuhr_gsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pruett@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 12:47:54 -0700 (PDT)

My pup recently had a case of diarrhea and my vet told me not to use Immodium.
He only prescribes liquid Pepto-Bismol and ID dog food.  I had always used
Immodium on my other dogs and did not have a problem.  I will admit that the
Pepto really worked and it cleared up almost immediately.

Carol
pruett@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
My vet told me years ago that immodium was fine for dogs - dose at 1 per 40 lbs
of body weight. Has the formula changed?

Tylan is used in adults to treat diarrhea.

Laurie

Msg: #4 in digest
From: DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 14:44:43 EDT
Subject: Re: putting together emergency kit

hope that is not for the dogs, it is a liver toxin Imodium also falls into
that catagory..

Immodium is bad? Uhuummm..... I did not know that. So what does everybody
else uses for quick anti-diarrhea medication?

And.... someone I respect a lot told me to use Tylan on weaning puppies but
what is the purpose of Tylan for adults?

Thanks.

Dania - who never ceases to learn...
POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

Yahoo! for Good