[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: hurricane ernesto

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:40:52 -0700 (PDT)

I am glad so many are concerned about me, but I am only of about 30 to 50
listers and other GSD folk here in S Florida.  I wish all of us a safe next few
days.  This storm is not doing anything that will make it more predictable.
According to the current map at 3:40 pm, eastern time, it is scheduled to hit
my house, along with Joey, Hiram, Al, Ignacio, Jorge, and many others rather
dead on.  Margie Golant, Even Amy Safdir, and so many others, I can't get all
the names.

  Let's all prepare, and be ready.  We very likely will be home with kids for
the rest of the week, the next 2 days for sure.  And our dogs are going to need
towels to keep the mud outside!

  I am going to message my husband that he really does need to get our shutters
ready to put up in the morning. sheila
Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  If you live in South Florida, please take heed. Don't panic yet, no clue yet
how long it will be on Cuba. But judging from the maps I am looking at, Miami
Dade is in the cross hairs. While it will be a nasty storm that will likely
cause power outages, and loss of school time, we are still looking at a Cat 1.
So it will be more a loss of time with minimal damage.

At this point, I do expect to put up shutters, and have the kids home tomorrow,
but I do not expect any concerning damage anywhere in the region.

Let's all be safe, rather than sorry. And be sure you have crates for all your
dogs, you never know when you will need to crate them all.

Extra dog food and any meds they need. Be ready!!!!!

I am sure this one is not one to panic over, but it is going to interupt our
lives.
sheila

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training

starting at 1¢/min.