[ SHOWGSD-L ] horse manuer - a twist

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: helen@xxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 07:31:47 EDT

In a message dated 8/17/2006 9:21:17 P.M. Central Standard Time,
helen@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
In  response to the question regarding how many other instances of violations
are  there, I deem that a fair question.  I also believe that not only the
current administration evokes questions, but also, most definitely, the  past.
How many violations occurred with past administrations?   Perhaps someone out
there can tell us.

Helen,

Your point is a good one.  But allow me, if you will, to give it a  twist.....

There is no shame in admitting to have made a mistake.  This new board  has
obviously made some, the past board has made some, the one before that, the
one before that, and so on.

That's not where the problem is.

The problem is, according to moi, that we need to make a real effort to
learn from those mistakes so that we don't repeat them.  Not to make more
excuses, to admit and correct the mistakes, that is the goal.

Simply saying that so and so did this or that before is not a good  excuse.
That attitude of lack of accountability only perpetuates the  problems, and
the bad feelings.

For argument sake, lets say the last board made a mistake with the counting
of votes.
Isn't it the expectation then that the new board has learned from that
mistake and will not repeat it?  I think so.

While we are having the argumentative strike..........lets say this new
board mishandled the editor election process. (which I think was the  original
discussion).  The result of this mistake should be that in the  future any
situation that is addressed in the P&P SHOULD be reviewed and  amendments made
the P&P  BEFORE the fact, not after.  That  seems to be the only intelligent
way
to go about it.

To quote either Patty or Gary S. ( I don't know which since the post wasn't
signed):
Why not just be man enough to admit you were made a mistake and go  on?

Me thinks there was a break down in protocol, and in following  procedures.
We have elected board members to handle our business according  to our rules,
already established. That, I think, is a realistic  expectation.  If mistakes
are made, we as a membership hope and trust those  can be handled without
major complications.  BUT it is our responsibility  as members to question, and
our right to get the correct answers. I truly don't  think that's asking too
much.

And yes, I do believe this can be done without personal attacks and
unnecessary bashing, or yelling.  I am amazed at the lack of self control
people have
displayed here in the last couple of weeks.  People who bitch  about the dead
horse and post 20 or more post a day about the same horse.   Insinuating onto
Gail's health as a reason for any wrong doing is positively  insulting and
outrageous.  Attacking Rita for posting the facts is  unnecessary. Blaming
Susan
for what has happen is out of line.  All these  people have become
scapegoats.

Lets FOCUS.  The goal is to fix the problems, not to compound  them.

Ileana