[ SHOWGSD-L ] help for evacuees

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 15:43:38 EDT

crossposted with permission:
I have been getting some calls from people in New Orleans that are headed
this way and motels/condos wont accept animals.I havent called them back.Im not
real sure where this hurricane is going to track.I have 13 outdoor kennels
under roof but they are open chain link kennels.If I knew the storm wasnt going
hit here.I would gladly board them.The kennels are very strong.In my
barn(concrete floor)I have 7 xtra large metal kennels.3 xtra large vari
kennels(plastic) some medium and small as well. My three gsds will use 3 of the
large
kennels...if things get bad here with just a fan on them.The three horses I
have
will be kept in one pasture.I have three other pastures available.I do want to
help.What I have to offer isnt much but it is far much better than most people
have.My main concern would be in feeding all that come here.The outside kennels
will not flood.Each has a large doghouse.There would have to be a direct hit
by a tornado to take the outside kennels and the barn down. I am located in
Foley Alabama.My cell is 251-752-3022. Call me if I can be of any assistance.
Candace Flanigan (11365 Raintree Place Foley, Al. Second number..My mothers
phone(Betty Risner) 251-955-5760

Diane Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>It's only a deal if it's
where you want