[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: have we been replaced?

  • From: "Kay Springer" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "showgsd@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 16:20:52 -0700

I agree and rescue will have a hard time placing lots of these. Hopefully the breeders will be very discriminate in placing their puppies as the movie is out. Mals or ( "Maligators" as they are affectionately called) are special dogs that take a certain type of dedicated owners. There are somewhat like Border Collies in as they have to have a job to do and something to do every day almost every minute. I know the military/ police like them as they are lighter than a GSD and easier to rapel with and jump out of planes/ heliocopters and for the most part they are tough as nails. They can also access smaller spaces than a GSD. Not my type of dog, but I can certainly recognize their attributes. My Nose Work instructor has a 16 mo. female that just passed the first level of French Ring Sport with high in trials for all three exercises. But man, that dog is constantly being worked and trained. Don't think you will ever see them as a guide dog.

Kay Springer
www.showboatgsd.com
showgsd@xxxxxxx
Home of G.Ch. Rohan's Reward ROM TC CGC HT RE CDX NW1
"Strider" #5 & #6 GSD 2008

On Jun 12, 2015, at 9:41 AM, (Redacted sender "SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx" for DMARC) wrote:

The unfortunate thing about that movie will be the amount of Mal rescues they will have a year from now.
Lissa

In a message dated 6/12/2015 8:05:17 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
when I was a kid the over-whelming number of military and police dogs as well as guide dogs for the blind were German Shepherds! guide dogs now are predominantly labs! My blind ex-wife has now had two black labs, the military and many police departments are increasing their use of Belgian Malinois! There is a new movie coming out later this month, "Max" about a military dog whose owner was killed in Afghanistan!... And wouldn't you know it, Max is a Belgian Mal!.... Of perhaps I'm just paranoid. FB

Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App