[ SHOWGSD-L ] handler dominated...NOT

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 11:31:41 EST

In a message dated 11/23/06 6:42:43 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
amidon@xxxxxxxxx writes:
most  Judges look at the animal not the handler

This has always been true.   The best handlers often do get the  best choice
of dogs, but whenever I have had a great dog, that dog has won, no  matter who
was on the lead, often myself.  There may be some few judges who  will go
with a handler, but most of them try to put up the best animals.

Now, I am on the West Coast, and handlers have never been in control out
here.  We have had some great ones, Jerry Graham, The Guz, Gail Sprock,  Cindy
just to name a few, and yet, the better dogs still won, no matter who  showed
them.  I can't believe it is that different in the rest of the  country,
because
it is up to the judge to do the right thing.

Just because a top handler has a dog, does not mean it is not also the best
animal in there. Remember, just because you are paranoid it does not mean the
entire world isn't against you.

If you understand that last sentence you are wasting too much time reading
what I write and instead should go enjoy the day, have a turkey sandwich,  and
watch a game.  While you are there, pet your dogs, hug your friends,  take a
nap, watch the parade, read a book, laugh, tell a joke, eat some more,  call a
friend, look at the pictures of your dogs of the years past, remember a  great
win, and get off the List.

Evan  (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/