[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [gsdshowlist] The Emperors Clothes

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx, israelfriedberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, RopajaGSD@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 22:39:40 EDT

i spoke to a board member and had all my questions answered.  there is
more to this than meets the eye and, although it may have been misguided and
hurried at its inception, the board's (2010) decision to host to world show
was, in many ways, reasonable and definitely understandable.  there will be
plenty of individuals able and prepared to work this event and, hopefully,
it  won't be the financial disaster many of us think it may be.

call your board.  if you call a board member who will NOT answer your
questions fully and completely, please remember that when it comes time to
vote.  on the other hand, if the officer or director you contact does give  you
the information you want, freely and openly, you need to remember that at
election time as well.

diane

Diane  Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
_Skatiebug'z_ (http://skatiebugz.shutterfly.com/)  The online store for
everything German Shepherd and then some!
_http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com_ (http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com/)
Skater's Blog

In a message dated 8/3/2011 1:44:43 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx writes:

In a  message dated 8/3/11 1:02:36 PM, israelfriedberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
writes:

> Not sure that I agree.  You never want to spend  good money to chase bad
> money.  I don�t care if we take a loss now  if the loss will be a >
> lot
less than the loss would be later.  The  question is how much are we >
obligated to pay that we can�t get out of  and how are things > shaping
up
with likelihood of this making a profit or  what will the loss > be based upon
what we know today.  Then we can  make a new decision based > upon what we
know today.

>  Sam

I agree with you Sam, it's like throwing good money after  bad as they say.

I think the biggest issue our club has is  communication.   No one is an
island to himself or herself, and  no one is more important than anyone
else in
this club, regardless of  Board position.   That said, do we have a plan in
place with all  the t's crossed and the i's dotted for 2013?   The first
thing  that comes to my mind is where are we going to get the commitment
for the
huge number of volunteers that would be needed to help host this  thing?
How many left coasters are going to be able to get  there and support this
let
alone people from the rest of the country. How  much money are we really
spending to impress the GSD world.    With the way our national economy is
going
who knows what financial shape  most of us will be in two years from now?
Check out gas and  food folks.   And one of the biggest issues is how this
club's  officers in the last meeting dis the local clubs by snatching the
Purina
funds from them for their futurities to apply to the National fund. Is
that
to make the books look better?   From what I hear, when  voting on this
issue, our parliamentarian did not abide by the rules she  is bound to
enforce.
Just remember without the local clubs and  membership the GSDCA is  nothing.
Regards,
Pat

 is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.