[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: great information, useful website...

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 18:37:26 EDT

Super, super, super.

Everybody bookmark the link Peggy sent.

I am FLOORED by the # of people who go to so called "expert" vets and can't
 get a bitch pregnant to save their souls.  And they keep handing over the
$$$$$$$$$...and they don't know enough themselves to know that their chosen
 expert is a nut....frustrating.

WHY would anybody do multiple trancervicals???  try THREE!

WHY would anybody do AI's (w/ healthy collections) 2 days in a  row????

I've had vets (not mine) who won't tell a stud dog owner the progesterone
#.  More than once.  Yes, that's me you see hitting the ceiling  ^%%$$#!

I spoke to a gal in another breed earlier this week who had $4,900 in a
missed pregnancy between testing, testing, testing, stud fee, shipping
chilled,  surgical implant, MORE testing, ultrasound...ey-yi-yi!  And she's
still
using the same vet!!!!!!  Cha-ching, let the cash register  sing....sigh.

I've been on the "brood bitch" side and the "stud dog" side and the
absolute nonsense that comes out of some vets' mouths....so it's up to the
owners
IMO to be educated.  Know when to test, know when to breed and for  the
love of God know when you are dealing w/ a clueless party....

OK, off the soap box...

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 4/20/2011 12:50:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

a very  useful website, shared by Peggy:

The site has wonderful information on  breeding intended for LSU vet
students.  There is a wealth of information  here from basic canine
reproductive
anatomy, reproductive cycles, how to  prepare extended chilled semen,
pregnancy from start to finish, whelping,  dystocia, even ultrasounds & x-ray
of
fetuses.  If you dig around  there's a TON of info here including x-ray slides
and ultrasound videos of  canine pregnancy at like day 20, 30, 40, & 55.

http://www.vetmed.lsu.edu/eiltslotus/theriogenology-5361/

Just  click the link that says index then canine theriogenology or on
whatever else  is of  interest!

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.