[ SHOWGSD-L ] gas plus shows

  • From: "Anja Heibloem-Stroud" <Anja_Heibloem-Stroud@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsdlistnew" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 14:28:44 -0700

end up being a very expensive weekend! Let's see, the last time I filled my
van, it was $94.45. Had to start the pump twice because they cut off at $75.
So my friend and I went to a four show weekend (Int. Show), that was 2 girls
(mine), 1 times 4 at $31. per entry, 1 X 4 at $36. Total $268. for me, and $82.
for my friends dog (penalty for entering late) Also $144. for the pup I showed
for a friend. Now we went to Oregon to the show, so we filled the tank on the
van four times. Total gas for the weekend was about $350. (I'm saying about
because there was some left after we got home). Then we stayed a night at a
friends house, so that was free but we did spend two nights in a motel, $58.50
and $49.50. Plus my son fixed sandwiches for us the first day's lunch (I love
that kid! He stayed home to critter sit so I could play!) We of course dined
out, spent another $150. for meals, snacks etc.  I figure the weekend cost me
about $575. We split the cost of traveling, which helped, plus I got lucky
because my friend drove Now for some families $500 odd bucks are just a drop in
the bucket, in my case that is a 1/4 of my salary. Needless to say I don't do
these weekends often. In this day and age, the price of shows, and getting
there definitely affects everything we do. When I was Jackie's age, match shows
were $2. and $10. would get you in most all breeds and specialties. I don't
think I'm whining when I say I can't afford to show!    Anja
Anja Heibloem-Stroud
www.pet-net.net/hausmekon/