[ SHOWGSD-L ] fut/mat shows

  • From: CLOVERLEIFE@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:53:31 EST

we have been very lucky at these shows and LOVE every plaque we have
won....if you want to keep people coming, taking away the placement plaque's
and
giving only to the first place is very discouraging for a lot of
newcomers...many
breeders knew who was coming to the shows and also knew they couldnt defeat
that special dog but was so honored to receive a plaque for placing in that
same
class....we have donated to these futurity clubs when we could
financially....i remember they used to give special points to the sire and dam
of the placers
and that was taken away and i was so honored to see my foundation in the red
book when they did this and now it only goes to the winners at  the national
and there are many  breeders who have those quality dogs but circumstances have
come up where they could not attend the national which happened to "Bubbles"
last year ....with any business, if you want people to keep spending,
incentives need to be there...also someone did post already about the handler's
fees
for this "so-called" fun match....i hope there will be much thought on this
before any final decision will be made....thank you for listening....now my
dogs
are letting me  to know it is time to go out(smile)

Natalie

CLOVERLEIFE HILL KENNELS
Jerry and Natalie Stewart
http://www.cloverleife.com/